Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4500 RDS EON

SpannerTheCat

My 2005 Mk6 Fiesta 1.6 Zetec S has the standard 4500 RDS EON Radio/CD fitted and there is almost no sound coming from both the radio & the cd. It's as if the volume is muted (it isn't though) but not sure if the volume increases with the vehicles speed,maybe that could be my imagination? Anyone have any experience of this happening to them or any suggestions? 

The volume does increase with speed, it's called auto volume control (AVC) and is designed to compensate for road/engine noise.

As for the overall volume control, could be a duff avc sensor or amp circuit.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Just a thought, in the radio menu is avc turned down to a minus value?

If it is try setting it to 0 and see if that helps at all.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Thanks for your prompt reply @Stoney871 it's very much appreciated. 

I'm pleased that the volume can be increased with the vehicles speed so I'm not imagining it (:blush:) however the display now doesn't show the AVC setting. I definitely remember seeing it a couple of months ago when i was having a play about with it but it's not there now! 

When I long press the 'M' button it shows:
TA; local/distance,
AF; auto/manual,
VID with a number 1 in the top right corner; VID/no VID, 
Clip; on/off,
Clock; 12/24hr.
Now when I saw the VID there was four dashes ie - - - - so I inputted the Keycode & then held the 'M' button which didn't save it,tried quite a few times.

With all new to me cars I spend the first couple of months getting to know it,you know listening for any noises,squeaks,rattles etc so I'm now at the stage that a bit of music wouldn't be too bad. On overall reflection I think that I would be better off buying another radio rather than messing about trying a new AVC sensor or an amp circuit but many thanks once again for your suggestions & hope they may be useful for other members.
  • Like 1

Got into the car today after it standing for a couple of days & the Traffic news was on very loud,must have forgotten to turn the radio off the other day. Now this has got me thinking,since on this (only ever) occasion the volume was high enough to hear could it still be a fault with the avc sensor or amp circuit or something else? With the AVC settings disappearing from the menu would you just swop the whole unit for another or try something else?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club