Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta zetec S with bluefin ?

axesuso
聽Share

Hello all!

im totally new to this tuning world and few days ago i heard about remaps and the improvement, then about mods, etc. And iv read a lot, searched a lot and personally this forum has taught me loads thanks to the whole community! But got some doubts yet! 聽I really like the mountune kit mr165 but problem is i live in small island of spain, very far :( so its not possible. The other idea that attracts me is bluefin. But, is it really good and worth it? And most important i would like to add some mods like intercooler, hose, pipes, etc but of course slowly. Cant afford it all together so, is it ok if i remap first and then slowly add the mods? Or is it best all together, or remap for last. Really i dont have an idea i just want to get the best performance for my fiesta 馃槤 聽

Thanks!

Bluefin is definately worth it. Unlike other methods you can remove it if need be. The differnce in power is really noticable. Go for it.

You can add induction and hoses when ever you wan't after you tuned it with bluefin. But if you buy an intercooler, bluefin won't be sufficient anymore and you will need a custom remap to get the most of your new intercooler and the extra hp/nm it might give.

• Like 1

Thank you both for answering!

so bluefin will be fine? Because some people have told me that the 1.0 ecoboost already works at very high temperature at its maximum and that remapping or trying to get more power out of it could damage it or shorten its life. Little confused, as i dont know how the motor internally works and if really is going to be damaged.聽

Thanks again!

Go for the bluefin mate! I installed it to mine about two weeks ago, and the increase in power and torque is great. At first it's like you driving a new car, but then after a few weeks you get used to it again. I drove my mams car and that's the standard 125 and I couldn't believe how different it was! It felt so slow! Hard to believe that that's how it is before getting it mapped. I have also upgraded the primary and secondary hoses, and have a AS induction kit. Worked a treat before I had it mapped, and same once I got it mapped. Love the sound it gives out, and personally think it increased drivability. Throttle response was better, and wouldn't go back to the standard air box.聽

But definitely recommend the bluefin.聽

The only thing as far as I'm aware that could be a problem overtime is the gearbox and clutch. The gearboxes in the 1.0L aren't suppose to be great anyway, and cost around 拢300-拢400 new, haven't a clue on the clutch. Not sure how many miles it will take while running a remap for either to give way, but I'm sure it won't be for a long while if you aren't a idiot driver who likes 1st gear! It's the torque increase from the remap that increases the risk.

11 hours ago, WillKinsella said:

Go for the bluefin mate! I installed it to mine about two weeks ago, and the increase in power and torque is great. At first it's like you driving a new car, but then after a few weeks you get used to it again. I drove my mams car and that's the standard 125 and I couldn't believe how different it was! It felt so slow! Hard to believe that that's how it is before getting it mapped. I have also upgraded the primary and secondary hoses, and have a AS induction kit. Worked a treat before I had it mapped, and same once I got it mapped. Love the sound it gives out, and personally think it increased drivability. Throttle response was better, and wouldn't go back to the standard air box.聽

But definitely recommend the bluefin.聽

Did you notice any difference when adding the induction hoses?
I am thinking about getting the ST200 Airbox聽+ k&n panel filter. The ST200 airbox has a second cold air intake in the bottom like the Mountune one. Its suppose to fit the 1.0.聽To get the best of it, I would also thinking of upgrading the induction hoses too.

7 hours ago, Soveposen said:

Did you notice any difference when adding the induction hoses?
I am thinking about getting the ST200 Airbox聽+ k&n panel filter. The ST200 airbox has a second cold air intake in the bottom like the Mountune one. Its suppose to fit the 1.0.聽To get the best of it, I would also thinking of upgrading the induction hoses too.

Hoses I can't say I really did notice any difference, but I fitted them and the induction kit at the same time so didn't try out the standard air box with upgraded聽hoses, or the induction kit with standard hoses. I would recommend getting them just because they aren't as restricted as the standard ones and are silicone rather than the plastic. Couple them hoses with an ST200 air box or mountune air box or an induction kit, they work well together.

what about the k&n filters? Im getting them free from a store with the bluefin. Is it good?

i think im going for the bluefin definately 馃槤

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, axesuso said:

what about the k&n filters? Im getting them free from a store with the bluefin. Is it good?

i think im going for the bluefin definately 馃槤

Thanks!

Can't comment on the k&n as I haven't had one. Will be better than the standard filter definitely, not sure it will make that much difference like changed the air box till an ST air box or going for an induction kit but will be better than the standard filter. Easy to fit as well. But yeah defo go for the bluefin, I'm loving mine!!

no problem, hope I helped!

2 hours ago, WillKinsella said:

Hoses I can't say I really did notice any difference, but I fitted them and the induction kit at the same time so didn't try out the standard air box with upgraded聽hoses, or the induction kit with standard hoses. I would recommend getting them just because they aren't as restricted as the standard ones and are silicone rather than the plastic. Couple them hoses with an ST200 air box or mountune air box or an induction kit, they work well together.

Cheers Will.. I will be going down the ST200 aibox route shortly. I will be applying a map from a danish tuning company in a couple of days. They claim it should give me around 150hp and 240-250nm. I'm very much looking forward to this christmas present from me to me :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soveposen said:

Cheers Will.. I will be going down the ST200 aibox route shortly. I will be applying a map from a danish tuning company in a couple of days. They claim it should give me around 150hp and 240-250nm. I'm very much looking forward to this christmas present from me to me :D

That's good mate! Yeah bluefin claim there's is 153bhp or something and 247nm. Haven't checked it on a dyno but whatever the output is I'm extremely happy with it and believe it's them figures! Hope the map goes well and you enjoy your car! Get back to me as I want to here your impressions of the car when it's been mapped and if you love it as much as I love mine!聽

For me too, christmas gift hahaha! Im excited like a small kid. Hopefully ill be driving my fiesta like a kid also soon! Ill let u know how it is.聽

Thanks a lot to all of you!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Im back! i know i shouldn't answer after so long a thread but i think its the correct thing, it could help someone in future. I got my bluefin a couple of weeks back its just that i was quite busy with work and stuff and didn't install it till last week more or less. Okey... lets start by W O W ! ! !.聽

When i installed it, i was excited like a child, the engine was cold so i drove low rev till it heated and actually got to the highway, there i pressed down the gas and DAAAMN!!! its become a complete different animal, its like more aggressive, just perfect. It feels more power in general and as if the car is more light LOL! Anyways, i also wanted to share something that happened just few days ago. I was going back home from a late dinner, when i got into the "highway" (its just two lanes in my place) and it was 3 o clock AM, nobody on the road, just an idiot on an BMW 530 and me. I wanted to really test the Bluefin, so i got the car at max, and the stupid BMW must have thought that i was racing with him or something, the incredible thing is that i don't know if he really did gas or no but my fiesta was definately faster! by very little, and was surprised because the BMW is like 3 times my engine... anyways, just wanted to share this for someone to realise that the change after bluefin is totally WORTH!聽

Thanks to everyone here. Very kind and helpful!

Cheers!

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club