Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carrying 8x4 sheets on a Focus

DavidShinn

1 minute ago, stef123 said:

It's a hard life that's for sure, if it's not sheets of plasterboard it's probably heavy blocks.. Stuff that! 

it is that Stef,,, my old man would not let me follow in the trade like my brother, said it would ruin us all in the end, he ended up a site manager in the end but had to retire as his body was worn out.
My brother is a year older than me at 53 he is retired now as my dad made him take out a few pensions over 30 years back so he made it without falling to bits,,, apart from a knee replacement and hands that dont work properly in winter that is,,, his 2 sons are builders now as well and have followed suit with pensions etc.
his youngest son has become an engineer like me,, works in the warm with his uncle Ian,, lol
I was very shocked to learn how much subcontract builders make though, no wonder my brother had a stack of pensions etc, they can earn a fair sum but its does take it out of you.

• Like 1

Thank you for your comments.

To be honest, it's perfectly safe and I only transport a short distance. I've fixed rope hooks under the pallet to fasten down the boards using ropes. No merchant would want to drop off half a dozen boards, so this works perfectly well for me. I'm not recommending anyone else use my idea, but merely showing that it is possible to transport large sheets safely without a van. Necessity being the mother of invention and all that, I had a problem and found an easy way to solve it.

Regards

David 

• Like 1

I'm gobsmacked no builder's merchant won't deliver just a few sheets of board. When I was at Selco builder's warehouse I'd deliver a single sheet up to 100 sheets.
Personally I hated handling those plasterboards. I ended up breaking them lol. 8x4 ply tho I'd do all day coz they didn't bend.

have you ever been pull over with it loaded:smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

have you ever been pull over with it loaded:smile:

They tried to pull him over, he just accelerated hard and left them high n dry on a pile of plasterboard lol

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club