Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing exterior vinyl stripes

chrisjw

Don't talk to your elders like that, Sonny.

[emoji23][emoji850]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I don't see how that is 'impolite' but if you read it that way and took offence to it then so be it. I've also said things about paint, detailing and machine polishing which you have chosen to ignore. I'll leave you to it old man, enjoy your car and do what pleases you.

Childish, but I have broad shoulders........I didn't reply to your comments regarding paint etc in your follow up post, as you have basically quoted what the other members had already told me, but thank you anyway for donating something "on topic".

I joined this forum, in order to glean help, experiences, show off my car (which I worked hard for) & also to offer any knowledge I may be able to pass on to members, which is basically the idea of a forum. All forums have their mixture of comedians, spammers & helpers & this would not be any different. With regards to being an "old man", in years maybe compared to young boy racers that could be true, but never be fooled by age. Age can bring experience & sometimes a wealth of knowledge that can be passed on to those requiring it. You'll learn to appreciate that, as you begin to grow up.  Thanks for your invaluable help & advice & I most certainly will enjoy my car, as I have with all the Fords I have owned during my long & illustrious life. I wish you enjoyment with your car also & hope you enjoy more in the years ahead of you.

Chris.

Not quite sure how old you think I am. I am certainly someone with a sense of humour and I have offered my experience and knowledge to many members of forums, this one is no different. It's unfortunate and a little saddening that a 'tongue in cheek' comment can be taken as impolite but I guess the written word is subjective and open to interpretation. Enjoy the forum Chris and maybe once you have been here a while you will appreciate some light hearted banter.

• Like 1

i think the OP needs to lighten up and grow a thicker skin rather than take comments made in jest so seriously.

the internet is no place for those with a delicate disposition...........

• Like 1

i think the OP needs to lighten up and grow a thicker skin rather than take comments made in jest so seriously.
the internet is no place for those with a delicate disposition...........

I'm glad you could see my comment the way it was intended. And to the OP I'm sorry you felt that way.

19 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I'm glad you could see my comment the way it was intended. And to the OP I'm sorry you felt that way.

5 minutes ago, chrisjw said:

No problem.  I'd actually moved on & I have far more serious things going on in my life to worry about, but it would have been nice to actually have a few more comments on the original thread topic. As it is now, I think the decision has been made for me, as I haven't received the item from the supplier & he is insisting that it's been delivered & signed for by me, which obviously it hasn't.

Chris.

He should be able to produce your signature then.

18 minutes ago, Bobr said:

He should be able to produce your signature then.

The supplier is investigating Bob & I've asked for proof of signature. I live in a private complex & he would have needed to buzz my apartment in order to get in.

Chris.

Open and shut case by the sound of it mate.

3 hours ago, Bobr said:

Open and shut case by the sound of it mate.

Yep...........Refund accepted. Maybe the stripes weren't meant to be..........lol

* I've told them though, that if it was me, I'd want to know where the package is now & I think he's gonna go all sleuth now.......lol

Chris, have a look on DMB graphics website.  I got the GT stripes for my Fusion from them.  Decent quality, reasonable price, huge range.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jethro_Tull said:

Chris, have a look on DMB graphics website.  I got the GT stripes for my Fusion from them.  Decent quality, reasonable price, huge range.

Yeah, I already have their site bookmarked Gerald.  I actually prefer this now...................... 

http://www.dmb.uk.com/prod/286/fiesta-mk7-s1600-side-stripes

Or this, as it's not so "In your face"....................( in black though ).......................

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIDE-STRIPES-GRAPHICS-TO-FIT-FORD-FIESTA-PAIR-CAR-DECALS-STICKERS-/132202615885

Then again, I might not bother with either.................:laugh:

3 hours ago, Jethro_Tull said:

20170705_162601_zpskeny6qpf.jpg

I saw this focus today Chris and thought I would share it with you as they look similar to the vinyl you were talking about. I realise it's a focus and although you can't make it out the top vinyl says something about ST racing. Pretty convinced this is not an ST. #olivebranch lol

8 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

20170705_162601_zpskeny6qpf.jpg

I saw this focus today Chris and thought I would share it with you as they look similar to the vinyl you were talking about. I realise it's a focus and although you can't make it out the top vinyl says something about ST racing. Pretty convinced this is not an ST. #olivebranch lol

Yeah, they do that lower one for the Fiesta too. Why would someone put an ST sticker on a car that clearly isn't one lol....I've decided to shelve the idea for the time being, until I can see some examples in the flesh, although I'm swaying towards the upper door stripe that I posted above.

Chris. 

They resemble Renaultsport stripes.

They certainly don't come cheap! I quite like the half stripe at the bottom, subtle and understated but different. If you have a local sign writer, if that's what they are called, maybe they could do something for you and cheaper too if they have off cuts from another job.

2 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

They certainly don't come cheap! I quite like the half stripe at the bottom, subtle and understated but different. If you have a local sign writer, if that's what they are called, maybe they could do something for you and cheaper too if they have off cuts from another job.

Yeah, I did think about going down the "sign writer" route, as it could be made as a one off too. I like the half stripe too.  As I said, it's not "In your face"

Chris.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just caught up with this thread as I was contemplating adding vinyl stripes to the red Focus.  Doing a bit of research, came across this info on an American site and now feel disinclined to proceed due to the 18-24 month advice.

The material we use is actually designed to last 5 to 7 years. Even though the vinyl was developed for vehicles, with the amount of daily wear and tear a car goes through, you will probably begin to see some signs of aging after 3 years. Remember that while the decal is on, it is actually protecting your car from weather and UV damage so the real issue is the aging of the areas of your car not covered by vinyl. You probably don’t want to see a shinny, ghost image so we recommend you remove the decals after 18 to 24 months.

59 minutes ago, Freddy42 said:

Just caught up with this thread as I was contemplating adding vinyl stripes to the red Focus.  Doing a bit of research, came across this info on an American site and now feel disinclined to proceed due to the 18-24 month advice.

The material we use is actually designed to last 5 to 7 years. Even though the vinyl was developed for vehicles, with the amount of daily wear and tear a car goes through, you will probably begin to see some signs of aging after 3 years. Remember that while the decal is on, it is actually protecting your car from weather and UV damage so the real issue is the aging of the areas of your car not covered by vinyl. You probably don’t want to see a shinny, ghost image so we recommend you remove the decals after 18 to 24 months.

I would of thought a good machine polish would restore the covered paint. 

they are saying the covered paint does not need restoring as is protected . they are saying the uncovered paint will have deteriorated in comparison

• Like 1

2 hours ago, isetta said:

they are saying the covered paint does not need restoring as is protected . they are saying the uncovered paint will have deteriorated in comparison

Yeah I got a bit mixed up. Kept thinking there maybe glue residue left when removing the paint and a good machine polish would bring back the colour.