CHUDNET10

Anyone actually managed to update Sync 1.1

Recommended Posts

Done 😃

For the moment google assistant is the only big change I noticed.

Another small one is: before the update when I was pushing the voice button I would only get a sound mark for the voice command. Now the voice also asks for a command.

This was happening some time ago also, but at least in the last year it was only the sound.

Next year I will probably try to get to sync 3.  Hopefully the price for the parts will decrease

P.S. did anybody give a name to the female voice? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this info, have just updated my focus to software 5.11 as per changing the text file, didnt work before I edited the file but worked straight away once done 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Just got a fiesta Titanium 1.0 ecoboost running sync 1.1 app link , needing updating and i tried for over a week with all the hassle that others have had, luckily i stumbled on this thread and with help from Phil21185  post i realised my files were exactly the same as his.

Loaded them onto the usb and bingo i now have 5.11.

Thanks to all the posts here for helping me to understand how to get the job done, especially Phil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2018 at 2:01 PM, Phil21185 said:

I'm having the same problem actually, after checking for updates for my car. 700+mb download...

2 files, one folder:

install.lst

autoinstall.lst

and Syncmyride folder with some .cab files in it.

 

car says it cant find the install file.  FAT32 drive, engine running etc etc.

 

EDIT:  got it working.

Open install.lst in notepad.  If everything is on one line, break it as follows:


; Assembly Directive Install for Gen 1.1 16B - E1BT


[Windows Mobile for Automotive 5.8]

Item1 = 8L2T-14D546-AF

Open1 = SyncMyRide\8L2T-14D546-AF.cab

Item2 = E1BT-14D546-EB

Open2 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-EB.cab

Item3 = E1BT-14D546-JC

Open3 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-JC.cab

Item4 = E1BT-14D546-DB

Open4 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-DB.cab

Item5 = E1BT-14D546-AA

Open5 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-AA.cab

It isn't necessary to have a space between lines, just make sure each entry is on a separate line.

Bear in mind that the file names may be different on your update, I don't know.

Mine is updating as we speak =]

Thank you for this. Had just bought a Titanium Nav 64 plate focus a couple of weeks ago, and downloaded the update from the Ford website - but it would not load - but this fixed it - update just done and now showing version 5.11 software and maps I guess. 

Only things still confusing me now is menu shows auto dip option for headlights, and hill assist option (did before update not checked since) but these options do not seem to be on the var, and do the red lights on the inside of the doors ever come on? 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having a problem still,

I used the autoinstall.lst and install.lst in the WF0CXXGAKCEG62452 folder of the zip file from @Phil21185 shared.

 

The installation message on my screen is in dutch but it just said installation in progress for 20 minutes with engine running and did not do anything else, suddenly it said installation failed.

after that failed message i waited 2 minutes shut off the engine and restarted it, the system looks fine radio/usb mp3 navigation and so on just all works.

Can i just try to start the installation up again at a later moment or do i need to ask the dealership to try and update it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would go on ford site put in your chassis number and download the correct files for your car.... then align the words in the install text files so it sits one row at a time as described in page 1 (that's all that's wrong, the update files themselves are sound) …. note down the file extension (last 3 characters after the point) and rename the file name to  "whatever_ its_called_xxxx.txt " edit the insides and rewrite the correct file extension at the end of the file name

randomly downloading files you find on websites is never a good idea.... and in this case may not be suitable for your car

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2018 at 2:29 PM, thelearner said:

Thank you for this. Had just bought a Titanium Nav 64 plate focus a couple of weeks ago, and downloaded the update from the Ford website - but it would not load - but this fixed it - update just done and now showing version 5.11 software and maps I guess. 

Only things still confusing me now is menu shows auto dip option for headlights, and hill assist option (did before update not checked since) but these options do not seem to be on the var, and do the red lights on the inside of the doors ever come on? 

Thanks

If you have abs, you have hill assist, not sure about auto dip - that's a new one to me.

As for the interior reds, you need to enable ambient lighting in the dash panel options. Should be an option there in the lighting menu on the dash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 7:21 AM, Phil21185 said:

If you have abs, you have hill assist, not sure about auto dip - that's a new one to me.

As for the interior reds, you need to enable ambient lighting in the dash panel options. Should be an option there in the lighting menu on the dash.

I read the manual - the hill assist is different from my Audi, which lights up on dash when active. The Ford one detects if on a slope and auto activates for a few seconds only to let you move off (page 141 in e-manual). The auto dip, although in the menu definitely does not work. I have the lights set to auto, and both settings active - but there is no headlamp with an A inside that illuminates. 

Thanks for the reply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason this thread doesn't work for my car 😕

 

The system keeps telling me that the instalation file could not be found 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

….r u saying you downloaded the files put them on a stick and it doesn't work ?

if YES that's the whole point of this entire thread....

FORD have messed up the download and it can't ever install on anybody's car, you MUST open up some of the files and EDIT so the data sits in the correct rows and re save them...  therefore go back and READ ALL of page ONE carefully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello guys 

j am in France  and sy*nc says   no files install found !!!!!

j have the sames  files of you , j dowdoaled in ford France.

to update do j change the file kb to kC ?

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Open install.lst in notepad. break the continuous string of text down as follows and save the changes: go give it another try it should install

; Assembly Directive Install for Gen 1.1 16B - E1BT


[Windows Mobile for Automotive 5.8]

Item1 = 8L2T-14D546-AF

Open1 = SyncMyRide\8L2T-14D546-AF.cab

Item2 = E1BT-14D546-EB

Open2 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-EB.cab

Item3 = E1BT-14D546-JC

Open3 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-JC.cab

Item4 = E1BT-14D546-DB

Open4 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-DB.cab

Item5 = E1BT-14D546-AA

Open5 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-AA.cab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

Sorry for bumping such an old thread - this is the one that comes up first when you search for "ford sync update file not found" so figured it might help someone else if I post here, and other threads link back to this one.

I had the same problem as others installing the Sync v5.11 update.  My girlfriend has a 66 plate Fiesta ST and tried to do the update herself but it kept saying "installation file not found".  She had downloaded the update from Ford based on her VIN in June 2019 and had done everything correctly, files were all in the root folder of the USB stick.

After finding this thread, I checked the install.lst and autoinstall.lst files and both appeared OK with everything on its own line.  Checked it in Notepad and Notepad2 and both looked OK so I was stumped.

Then I turned on "show line endings" in Notepad2 and spotted that autoinstall.lst had <CR><LF> at the end of every line, but install.lst only had a <LF>.  I swapped <LF> for <CR><LF>, hit save and for some reason they just went back to <LF> (assume this is a Windows10/Notepad2 bug).  I opened install.lst in Wordpad, deleted every line ending and hit return to put in a new one, saved, and voila the update worked.

This sounds like Ford tried to fix the original problem with autoinstall.lst, but got it wrong?

I did not change any of the filenames in either autoinstall.lst or install.lst.  Install.lst did contain these lines, but I assume it means replace -KB with -KC:

Item2 = E1BT-14D546-KB
Open2 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-KC.CAB

 

A few other things that might help others:

  • When you put the memory stick in and try to browse the contents it will just give a blank screen.  This made me thing there was a problem with the USB stick but I guess it's just because there are no media files on there.
  • The installation instructions from Ford say to follow the second set of instructions for this particular vehicle, however they make no sense and it is the first set that need to be followed
  • The instructions say that Sync will be unresponsive during the update.  That's not quite true, you can move the selection cursor around on the screen and if you change the blower speed etc. it comes up with a notification but you can't open any menus.
  • At the end of the instructions it says to log in to your account and send them the log file so they know that it worked however for the past week we haven't been able to create an account on the website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 9:13 PM, petee said:

Hi

Sorry for bumping such an old thread - this is the one that comes up first when you search for "ford sync update file not found" so figured it might help someone else if I post here, and other threads link back to this one.

I had the same problem as others installing the Sync v5.11 update.  My girlfriend has a 66 plate Fiesta ST and tried to do the update herself but it kept saying "installation file not found".  She had downloaded the update from Ford based on her VIN in June 2019 and had done everything correctly, files were all in the root folder of the USB stick.

After finding this thread, I checked the install.lst and autoinstall.lst files and both appeared OK with everything on its own line.  Checked it in Notepad and Notepad2 and both looked OK so I was stumped.

Then I turned on "show line endings" in Notepad2 and spotted that autoinstall.lst had <CR><LF> at the end of every line, but install.lst only had a <LF>.  I swapped <LF> for <CR><LF>, hit save and for some reason they just went back to <LF> (assume this is a Windows10/Notepad2 bug).  I opened install.lst in Wordpad, deleted every line ending and hit return to put in a new one, saved, and voila the update worked.

This sounds like Ford tried to fix the original problem with autoinstall.lst, but got it wrong?

I did not change any of the filenames in either autoinstall.lst or install.lst.  Install.lst did contain these lines, but I assume it means replace -KB with -KC:


Item2 = E1BT-14D546-KB
Open2 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-KC.CAB

 

A few other things that might help others:

  • When you put the memory stick in and try to browse the contents it will just give a blank screen.  This made me thing there was a problem with the USB stick but I guess it's just because there are no media files on there.
  • The installation instructions from Ford say to follow the second set of instructions for this particular vehicle, however they make no sense and it is the first set that need to be followed
  • The instructions say that Sync will be unresponsive during the update.  That's not quite true, you can move the selection cursor around on the screen and if you change the blower speed etc. it comes up with a notification but you can't open any menus.
  • At the end of the instructions it says to log in to your account and send them the log file so they know that it worked however for the past week we haven't been able to create an account on the website.

Hi, I'm just traying to update my Sync but I'm experiencing the issue described in this thread. If I have understood previous directions, my files seem to be correct, every line is separate from each other, and I have KC.CAB. I just can't follow last petee's directions. How can I delete line endings? Please take note I'm italian so be fair and patient, and excuse me if my english is not perfect. Thanks for your help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't follow your question

only one file needs to be edited, with the text re ordered, no names or characters should be changed or updated.  When I thought I had read and understood the post to fix the confused  install.lst  file I still had this on one row

; Assembly Directive Install for Gen 1.1 16B - E1BT [Windows Mobile for Automotive 5.8]

and it doesn't run... I changed it to 

; Assembly Directive Install for Gen 1.1 16B - E1BT

[Windows Mobile for Automotive 5.8]

and it worked,

other thoughts

where code has a ; (semi colon) at the start, it tells the programme that this line of code should be ignored

use an 8 gig or 16 gig stick, sometimes small sticks don't have space for the installer to run correctly

delete everything else on the stick and reformat to fat 32 them put just the two text files and the data files and the on the stick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your answer. I've attached my install and autoinstall files, could you tell me if there is anything to edit? I tried with a fat32, 4 gb stick (3.7 gb real) while the whole update file is about 730 mb, however I'll try a bigger one. Finally, do I have to unzip other files in Syncmyride folder, or they have to remain zipped? Thanks again

autoinstall.PNG

install.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the install files look good - assuming these are relative for your car (some suggest different countries might get different files, so if there's a local ford site for your country get them from there)

next and MAYBE this is where everyone is getting it wrong ( I forget now as I did it 18 months ago)  but this instruction from the ford site 

4. Unzip the files onto the highest level (root directory) of your USB flash drive

reads to me (now) as all the files should be outside folders ( and I don't see code saying look in xxx folder, so how would it ever know where to find them if its in one)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

j do everything ,impossible to update , j hungry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you unzipp syncmyride  or the files are in this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 8:13 PM, petee said:

Hi

Sorry for bumping such an old thread - this is the one that comes up first when you search for "ford sync update file not found" so figured it might help someone else if I post here, and other threads link back to this one.

I had the same problem as others installing the Sync v5.11 update.  My girlfriend has a 66 plate Fiesta ST and tried to do the update herself but it kept saying "installation file not found".  She had downloaded the update from Ford based on her VIN in June 2019 and had done everything correctly, files were all in the root folder of the USB stick.

After finding this thread, I checked the install.lst and autoinstall.lst files and both appeared OK with everything on its own line.  Checked it in Notepad and Notepad2 and both looked OK so I was stumped.

Then I turned on "show line endings" in Notepad2 and spotted that autoinstall.lst had <CR><LF> at the end of every line, but install.lst only had a <LF>.  I swapped <LF> for <CR><LF>, hit save and for some reason they just went back to <LF> (assume this is a Windows10/Notepad2 bug).  I opened install.lst in Wordpad, deleted every line ending and hit return to put in a new one, saved, and voila the update worked.

This sounds like Ford tried to fix the original problem with autoinstall.lst, but got it wrong?

I did not change any of the filenames in either autoinstall.lst or install.lst.  Install.lst did contain these lines, but I assume it means replace -KB with -KC:


Item2 = E1BT-14D546-KB
Open2 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-KC.CAB

 

A few other things that might help others:

  • When you put the memory stick in and try to browse the contents it will just give a blank screen.  This made me thing there was a problem with the USB stick but I guess it's just because there are no media files on there.
  • The installation instructions from Ford say to follow the second set of instructions for this particular vehicle, however they make no sense and it is the first set that need to be followed
  • The instructions say that Sync will be unresponsive during the update.  That's not quite true, you can move the selection cursor around on the screen and if you change the blower speed etc. it comes up with a notification but you can't open any menus.
  • At the end of the instructions it says to log in to your account and send them the log file so they know that it worked however for the past week we haven't been able to create an account on the website.

Thanks Pete. The delete hidden characters finally worked for me. I used wordpad to left mouse select and delete each end of line. Then enter return to reinsert the line if code.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've tried in so many different ways but nothing seems to work with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I came across this thread in the last few days while looking for help online with updating my 2015 Ford Focus to the latest SYNC software (I believe this should be SYNC 1.1).  I haven't been having any luck getting it installed (despite all the advice previously given) so I contacted Ford directly today via their live chat.

They've just told me that the online SYNC update from their site is for SYNC 3 only???  I asked for clarification on this (as I had to provide my VIN on the support page in order to check if an update was available) and they've confirmed this is correct - I would need to take my car to a Ford dealer and there would be a charge for the update!!!

That's pretty poor from them if true - and all I want to do is get AppLink running so I can play Spotify through my car!!

Can anyone here with more knowledge on this topic confirm this please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.