Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 1.6 Tdci Dpf

catch

Just been looking at the service schedule for the above, and guess what. NO NEED FOR ELOYS TOP UPS OR DPF REPLACEMENT AT 75K.

I might consider buying one second, say one to three years down the road. Because even on my low mileage I would save £544 per annum on fuel and road tax, that's like cutting those costs by 46% per annum.

Running a TDCi on low annual mileage is not a problem if you know how a DPF works, and you drive accordingly.......and if there is one thing I miss with my current motor is the torque you get with a TDCi.

The diesel price premium over petrol is between £1,200 to £950 on one to three year old motors, so pay back would take only a couple of years on say 5,600k per annum, sooner the more miles you cover.

I've also been looking how savings stack up buying a Mk2.5 with the dreaded eloys and replacement filter. And you know what, if you buy a three year old motor from a Ford Main Dealer stipulating that they do the eloys top up prior to you taking delivery of the vehicle. OK in year six, which will be three years down the road from when you purchased it. You will need to replace the DPF with eloys top up [if your working to the Ford maintenance schedule] Then in year nine it will need another top up of eloys, with a DPF replacement due in year twelve.

Now come year twelve prior to it needing its DPF replacing again, it will have been in your ownership nine years. Me, well I would be moving it on, definably not thinking of keeping it, that's for sure. So you will have spent circa £125 x 2 on two Eloys top ups and £250 on a DPF with say £100 fitting costs at an independent garage. So all told £600 over nine years of ownership, that works out at £67 per annum apportionment for servicing the DPF over those nine years.

Again, I don't think that's bad, and going by the official figures whilst the Mk2.5 is less fuel efficient than the newer Mk3. The fuel and road tax per annum savings, taking into consideration the £67 DPF servicing apportionment come out at £404 per annum. So if you think you will miss the bigger boot on the Mk2.5 over the next nine years [ children's buggies and the like] it might be the one to go for.

Well that's the last pearls of wisdom from me for a while, because we are escaping to Turkey for a week. So I'll leave you all to 24/7 of the media scrutinising Wills and Kate's navels. And asking the opinions of people off the street [of whom I'm not remotely interested in knowing their opinions] as to what they think of the marriage prospects for the couple.

Catch ya later. :)

Well hopefully the price of replacing the DPF in say 4 or 5 years time will have dropped considerably by then. Thats when mine needs replacing.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club