Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stupid Suspension

artscot79

went in today to get the upper front trailing arm bushes done today i bought the bushes as they have the tool to press them in easy job yeah right every bolt was siezed solid so the guy turned round and told me that the bolts will need cut off and a whole new arm will need to be fitted both sides, basically even if a rear spring broke the bolts are all siezed so no one would be able to change them without cutting the bolts off which would mean a whole new arm anyway so ive gotta save up some more to pay the £487 bill ill get.thats both whole arms bolts etc replaced plus labour plus the vat joy

Surely you could of guessed that nothing would be simple rolleyes.gif

well an update now been to ford rapid fit they will drop the rear axle down and do the bushes that way reconnec t everything and do a 4 wheel alignment all for 250 quid as they said people think were dear they know the rear end is all ceased up thats why they drop the subframe down and do it that way so much happier now

Get some WD40 on them seized bolts lol

well an update now been to ford rapid fit they will drop the rear axle down and do the bushes that way reconnec t everything and do a 4 wheel alignment all for 250 quid as they said people think were dear they know the rear end is all ceased up thats why they drop the subframe down and do it that way so much happier now

Certainly a lot cheaper option then!

Hope they don't find any other problems :lol:

Certainly a lot cheaper option then!

Hope they don't find any other problems laugh.gif

guy said they do about 5 a week and they know the bolts sieze up as ford dont grease them when the cars being built so they are used to it they just drop the subframe and do it that way and as he said if they break a brake pipe then they have to fix it so im not worried about it ive had it looked at and the only thing with it is the centre and rear of the exhaust are getting a bit corroded other than that the cars solid only other thing he said was rear bearings usually need done around the 70k mark but not always and all the other bushes are perfect

• 2 weeks later...
biggrin.gif well an update thats the bushes done now ford had it for 6 hours and they greased up the bushes and bolts they removed to drop the subframe and kindly tightened the handbrake as well total cost including the 4 wheel alignment 209.00 quid that includes the vat so even less than i thought and a damn lot less than the 400 odd i was qouted elsewhere with the 4 wheel alignment done i get no road noise from the tyres like i used to so now i can order my bits and bobs smile.gifbiggrin.gif

did you go for standard or poly bushes mate?

actually, reading your thread again, i presume it was standard type as you mentioned the fitting tool?

did you go for standard or poly bushes mate?

actually, reading your thread again, i presume it was standard type as you mentioned the fitting tool?

yeah standard they polybushes are no good for bumpy roads with speed humps etc too stiff ive tried a focus with them up front and rear and its bad thats without lowering theres just no give in them at all

Yeah come on Artscot get these footwell lights done im awaiting your step by step guide mate!

That sounds like a good price, Especially from Ford who dont normally do anything for less than 300 quid lol

Yeah come on Artscot get these footwell lights done im awaiting your step by step guide mate!

That sounds like a good price, Especially from Ford who dont normally do anything for less than 300 quid lol

ill be sourcing the footwell light parts just shortly guys so ill do the how to with pics it was a refreshing change to get summat for less i have to admit they bashed the rear silencer a bit but no holes in it or that not that im bothered anyway the big jobs done and a new exhaust wont be that far in the future

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club