Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm A Numpty I Know

mikester

Broke my water pump for the washers, well I think I have. It won't squirt or make any noise.

Here's what I've done so far:

Topped up the water as I thought it might have just been empty..

Checked the fuses, the 10a mini fuse has blown BUT I swapped it over with another 10a fuse and the pump still didn't make any noise.

What is the fix guys? I looked in the main fuse box and there is not a single picture on there that looks like a wander/windsreen/water pump...

This happened as I as trying to empty my washer reserve completely, and that does nOt involve holding the squirt for more than 3 secs.

Is it that the fluid in the bottle is still frozen and its locking the pump up. If not then ill get you a price on a new one as you wont get it inder warranty due to the freezing conditions

Yea I've had the warranty thing mentioned but it's more of a wear and tear item isn't it.

I'm gonna put some boiling water down to melt whatever is down there to flush it. Was working fine yesterday, thing is I'd press the squirt button and nothing would happen ie no fluid and no wipers moving across screen (also no whirring from the pump) but after swapping the fuses I press the squirt and the wipers now work but still no whirring noise/fluid appears ?

I have the same problem with my mk5 but it seems like the fluid is just getting frozen as it starts working after I've been driving for a while.

Hi Mikester

Fuse f46 - 20 amp wash wipe fuse

-----f38 - 7.5 amp windscreen wiper motor relay

-----f47 - 10 amp rear screen wiper motor & rear screen wiper relay

tom

Hi Mikester

tom

Hi Mikester

tom

Really?! I've just replaced the washer motor fuse with what it already had, a 10a mini blade. It is the slot right next to the caravan one? must be cos replacing that and putting boiling water downthe what seemed empty reservoir has fixed it. Well pump is whirring again, no water is squirting yet, but will wait til engine is warm before trying again as don't wana break it again!!!!

honestly i didn't think it was that cold. not felt it personally, business as usual for me... poor car, will look after her better.

thanks guys xx

I'm having the more or less same problem, when i press the button the wipers work but there is no whirring noise!

I have poured boiling water down there and the pipes are not frozen. It doesnt help when there is no diagram for the interior fuse box and non of the rowes are numbered liked it suggests in the manual! I have checked all the 10 amp fuses in the glove compartment but to no avail and the above fuses which tommy.h suggested dont exist in mine according the handbook, I'm so confused.... help me please :(

I'm having the more or less same problem, when i press the button the wipers work but there is no whirring noise!

I have poured boiling water down there and the pipes are not frozen. It doesnt help when there is no diagram for the interior fuse box and non of the rowes are numbered liked it suggests in the manual! I have checked all the 10 amp fuses in the glove compartment but to no avail and the above fuses which tommy.h suggested dont exist in mine according the handbook, I'm so confused.... help me please :(

it's deffo a 10a mini blade fuse. it's frozen, don't use it. You'll need to put a stronger dilution of screen cleaner and one that is specified for winter use. The fuse you might have blown is next to the caravan one, second from the right on the bottom row (not the very bottom which aren't in use).

Hey buddy thanks for your Quick reply I have checked that fuse and it's perfectly good.... Is there a function on the car that automatically turns it off when below a certain temperature?

No matter bud, it started magically working by itself :lol:

I had the exact same problem. Frozen. But I'd keep trying it, and get the whirring noise and the wipers going, then on nightr last week leaving work, I tried it, and nothing, no wipers nothing. So popped along to Halfrauds and they had no 10amps, but on the counter they were in bags of 3, put it in, and nothing, but the wipers worked, all the way back across York I tried it, but there was no whirring noise, and then it suddenly came out, but now doesn't have the whirring noise at all, but it works fine!

Never mind, new car soon!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club