#1 Johnerae

Johnerae

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2007

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

We have issues with the CD6000 audio. It will not find any stations when trying to tune it, we can play the stations that are loaded already, but it looses reception when we drive it around. We had the aeriel replaced, and if I take the aeriel out it will not play any stations at all (logically). We have tried 4 other CD6000's and all seem to have the same issue. We went to Ford and they suggested we clean the connections on the back, which I did - it had no affect. Any idea's anyone?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jonboy607

jonboy607

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:53 PM

We have issues with the CD6000 audio. It will not find any stations when trying to tune it, we can play the stations that are loaded already, but it looses reception when we drive it around. We had the aeriel replaced, and if I take the aeriel out it will not play any stations at all (logically). We have tried 4 other CD6000's and all seem to have the same issue. We went to Ford and they suggested we clean the connections on the back, which I did - it had no affect. Any idea's anyone?

Have you replaced the aerial base along with mast? It may be worth checking the connections on the base before replacing it thou!

#3 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:19 PM

agree with jonboy,the ford aerial base are well known for rusting so check and clean up all the connections.

#4 Johnerae

Johnerae

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2007

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:05 PM

Hi, yes, we had the whole thing replaced - Aerial base, new aerial and co-ax cable between the aerial base and audio unit. If I take the aerial connection out of the back of the radio when it is switched on but out of the dashboard, then the radio goes off completely - so the aerial works.

#5 cuke

cuke

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Titanium X
  • Year: 2011

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:35 PM

Hi, have you tried powering it off then on again, ie disconnect it from the cars wiring harness. Remember you'll need the code first..
Chris

#6 alz

alz

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus LX 1.8 TDCI
  • Year: 2005

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:55 PM

sound like you need to test the arial wire, for conection to the arial, take out the interior light to gain access then check it with a meter,it may not be conected,if all ok check for continuity in the arial wire.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users