Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cd6000 Tuning Problems

Johnerae

We have issues with the CD6000 audio. It will not find any stations when trying to tune it, we can play the stations that are loaded already, but it looses reception when we drive it around. We had the aeriel replaced, and if I take the aeriel out it will not play any stations at all (logically). We have tried 4 other CD6000's and all seem to have the same issue. We went to Ford and they suggested we clean the connections on the back, which I did - it had no affect. Any idea's anyone?

We have issues with the CD6000 audio. It will not find any stations when trying to tune it, we can play the stations that are loaded already, but it looses reception when we drive it around. We had the aeriel replaced, and if I take the aeriel out it will not play any stations at all (logically). We have tried 4 other CD6000's and all seem to have the same issue. We went to Ford and they suggested we clean the connections on the back, which I did - it had no affect. Any idea's anyone?

Have you replaced the aerial base along with mast? It may be worth checking the connections on the base before replacing it thou!

agree with jonboy,the ford aerial base are well known for rusting so check and clean up all the connections.

Hi, yes, we had the whole thing replaced - Aerial base, new aerial and co-ax cable between the aerial base and audio unit. If I take the aerial connection out of the back of the radio when it is switched on but out of the dashboard, then the radio goes off completely - so the aerial works.

Hi, have you tried powering it off then on again, ie disconnect it from the cars wiring harness. Remember you'll need the code first..

Chris

sound like you need to test the arial wire, for conection to the arial, take out the interior light to gain access then check it with a meter,it may not be conected,if all ok check for continuity in the arial wire.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club