#46 FocuSmith

FocuSmith

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Nigel
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 TDCI Titanium
  • Year: 2011

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

I have just started having the same problem with my 1600 TDCI. Owned my car for 4 months now, and am used to the stop start system only working when there is no heat/aircon/lighting demands, etc. but it has just stopped working. Even after a long drive (200 miles) when everything is up to temperature, and battery well charged the engine no longer cuts out when car is at a standstill. Also if I press the on/off over-ride button, the dashboard "@" symbol doesn't illuminate anymore. I am sure the problem started to happen when I forgot to turn off ignition (after coming to a halt and the engine did cut out), before opening the driver door getting out and then turning off the ignition. So if anyone knows a trick or two to reset this function that is baffling my local dealers, I would be grateful.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 MartinC1963

MartinC1963

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Martin
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.6TDI Titanium X
  • Year: 2012

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:19 PM

Hi all.

Ford Focus 1.6TDI Titanium X just outside warrenty.  have stop start issue also. Drive 100 miles a day temp all ok. Reading previous comments looks potential battery however I also have issues on Cruise control, speed limiter and hill start assist at same time.  Assuume couple of faults together but have to say Fords dealership have been so unhelpful and say despite the initial £96 to diagnose that they want the car for approx 5 days do not know how much will cost and will not supply quote.  Suggestions?

At moment so not happy with dealerships.

#48 iantt

iantt

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • Name: Ian
  • Ford Model: focus 1.0 zetec
  • Year: 2013

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:23 PM

Try resetting battery monitor for stop start. Havent got time now to explain how to do it, as I need to go back over my previous posts to find it, will post up later so you can have a go .

#49 iantt

iantt

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:06 PM

Ign on for 10 secs
press rear foglamp switch 5 times
press hazard switch 3 times
wait up to 10 secs while watching battery light
battery light flashes
ign off.

it may or may not fix your problem,worth a go though

think all your problems are related to the clutch position switch.
hill launch assist, cruise/ speed limit and stop start all require clutch position to work

#50 MartinC1963

MartinC1963

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:07 AM

Many thanks I will try this one will report back.

#51 MartinC1963

MartinC1963

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:02 PM

Tried the above and did not work. Will have battery check completed also

#52 iantt

iantt

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:12 PM

Make sure its the rear fog you try,
if the battery light doesnt flash then theres a current issue with stop start. Suprissed if your dealer cant fix it, make sure the battery is tested with a stop start battery tester, normal tester wont show true state of battery

#53 mykal

mykal

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 ecoboost

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:57 AM

I have this stop/start problem with my 1.6 Ecoboost Focus. The main agents told me that the battery was not fully charged causing this problem. I charged the battery & now everything works correctly. Could the Alternator need to have a higher output to keep all the electrics working?

#54 MartinC1963

MartinC1963

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:14 PM

Hello Yes tried all still the same looks like Fords cannot find either will keep trying though

Thanks

#55 iantt

iantt

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:31 PM

If your dealer cant fix it then thats a poor dealer. As saying goes , its not rocket science , stop start not complicated.

#56 MartinC1963

MartinC1963

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:38 PM

You would think, they want the car for 5 days, asked for a quote and they will not supply so could be quick or thousands? Just cannot tell me. I will leave overnight on charge again and see though.  Thanks

#57 MartinC1963

MartinC1963

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:41 PM

Hiya sorry been away , tried all ofv the above looked at another dealer and back to square 1 as they want to run the diagnostic test again £96 although still have results, Not sure if I want all this pain now.  Think may run car till 100,000 and no more Fords for me.  Shame as new cars normally for me and family every 3 tears amounts to lot of cost.  Fords really not caring when spoke to them. 

#58 Enduser

Enduser

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Name: Jim
  • Ford Model: MKIII Focus TitX

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:35 PM

Very recently I chopped in my 2011 1.6 Petrol Fiesta Tit for a 2011 1.6 Diesel Focus TitX, first registered on 10/12/2011. I have just discovered that it has the engine Start/Stop feature. This has not worked at all since I got the car, as the car had been in the Dealership for some time I think that the battery is not all it should be. ~ This was confirmed by the Sony Radio switching off when I was using it to tune it and sort the phone contacts well short of the hour it should go with the ignition off.  A Ford tech said it will do this if the battery is low.

As it has been raining nearly all the time since I bought it I do not know if it has the correct battery [one cause of them not working] I did hire a car which had this facility but I really disliked it, yes, you could deactivate it but it would recycle on, when the engine was next started. In my opinion it would be better if it could be perrmantly enabled disabled in a menu. I am wondering it the previous owner who had it from new got a different battery as a way of permantly disablying it ! it seems a bit drastic but it could be. If it has the correct battery I am wondering if it will suddenly start working again.

#59 iantt

iantt

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:46 PM

should be an enhanced flooded battery, should say on the top of battery.think the diesel is 700amp

#60 Enduser

Enduser

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Name: Jim
  • Ford Model: MKIII Focus TitX

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:28 PM

I Have just got the car and this feature has not worked at all. It was checked out at the dealer today. After a long check I was told that the battery was the problem. Aparently it was below 74% charged but it's health was alright, they offered to charge it overnight.  I am not overly concerned as I do not like the feature, but I did want to know if everything was OK. As had been said before there are a lot of things that will make it not work. Aparently there is no way to permantly disable it.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users