• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 130 TDCi Titanium X estate
  • Year: 2007

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

Hiya

My 1 previous owner Mondeo was owned by a leasing company & they have given me full details of where, when & at what mileage all the services were done.
Assuming I can hold of a new service book (any ideas?), what are the chances of getting the servicing dealers to stamp it up & post it back to me? It sounds like the data protection police might have a problem with it, so has anyone had any experience of this?
All service outlets were either main Ford dealer or Halfords Autocentres in case it makes a difference.

Cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,391 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:56 AM

Hiya

My 1 previous owner Mondeo was owned by a leasing company & they have given me full details of where, when & at what mileage all the services were done.
Assuming I can hold of a new service book (any ideas?), what are the chances of getting the servicing dealers to stamp it up & post it back to me? It sounds like the data protection police might have a problem with it, so has anyone had any experience of this?
All service outlets were either main Ford dealer or Halfords Autocentres in case it makes a difference.

Cheers

i think they have to be stamped at the time or every one would be doing it :(

#3 muggo

muggo

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 130 TDCi Titanium X estate
  • Year: 2007

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

i think they have to be stamped at the time or every one would be doing it :(

Thanks Del

I would have hoped that the servicing dealer had details of the service they did on their computer system & that it shouldn't be a problem in stamping my service book as it relates to the car & not the owner. However, I was asking if anyone had actually tried it. I assume a service book has a part number & I'm allowed to buy one.

Cheers
Paul

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users