Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony Headunit Help !!!

Mike77

Ok guys, here's my first problem I need advice with. I have (as the title states) a sony headunit (standard). Now my old car had an aftermarket radio with a front slot for the USB stick, which was great coz I didn't have to carry hundereds of CD's in the car. I want to leave my new car radio in place, and have found a AUX port in the glove box, which takes the 3.5mm jack plug..... Ive seen a lead on fleebay that is 'jack plug to female usb', Now I would have thought this would work, but when I asked the seller, I recieved a reply saying 'no it wont work on the radio' ??? Can anyone shed some light onto this, as im baffled as to why it wouldn't. All I want is my USB usage back, i'll be happy then lol. Cheers in advance, Mike.

Ok guys, here's my first problem I need advice with. I have (as the title states) a sony headunit (standard). Now my old car had an aftermarket radio with a front slot for the USB stick, which was great coz I didn't have to carry hundereds of CD's in the car. I want to leave my new car radio in place, and have found a AUX port in the glove box, which takes the 3.5mm jack plug..... Ive seen a lead on fleebay that is 'jack plug to female usb', Now I would have thought this would work, but when I asked the seller, I recieved a reply saying 'no it wont work on the radio' ??? Can anyone shed some light onto this, as im baffled as to why it wouldn't. All I want is my USB usage back, i'll be happy then lol. Cheers in advance, Mike.

A USB to 3.5mm jack will not work, the 3.5mm jack socket will take an input from your MP3 player via the headphone socket on the MP3 player, there is a Ford conversion kit to add USB to the radio, other members will be able to give you more information on that as I haven't bothered with it, I find it is easier to put my music on rewritable CDs in MP3 format, you can get about 10 CDs on each MP3 CD. :)

I think the reason it wouldn't work is because there's nothing to read the data from your USB stick. You could plug in a mp3 player / phone into that aux though.

A USB to 3.5mm jack will not work, the 3.5mm jack socket will take an input from your MP3 player via the headphone socket on the MP3 player, there is a Ford conversion kit to add USB to the radio, other members will be able to give you more information on that as I haven't bothered with it, I find it is easier to put my music on rewritable CDs in MP3 format, you can get about 10 CDs on each MP3 CD. :)

I tried the mp3 converting thing the other day, to no avail. I'm not the brightest spark where computers are concerned. Just couldn't work out what I was doing wrong, thought I'd cracked it, hit burn to disc, and it just put 18 songs on the cd from the list :-\ confused.com haha.

I tried the mp3 converting thing the other day, to no avail. I'm not the brightest spark where computers are concerned. Just couldn't work out what I was doing wrong, thought I'd cracked it, hit burn to disc, and it just put 18 songs on the cd from the list :-\ confused.com haha.

Google how to make an MP3 CD. Simply put, you rip your CDs to MP3 format on the computer, then burn the MP3 files to a CD, You will get about 10 CDs on to 1 CD in MP3 format, If you get some rewritable CDs you can experiment the process, if you do it correctly you will also get the song information showing on the Sony head unit the same as you would on an ipod. I hope that makes sense. <_<

I think you'll ned something like this to add usb to the standard radio.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item256de5dcec

Hi Stoney,

3 questions, as I think you may have done this conversion.

1/ Is there more than 1 type of conversion to add USB to the Sony head units, 1 for the single CD unit and 1 for the 6 CD changer unit?

2/ After conversion do you get the same information on the radio display regarding song titles ect as you would from an MP3 CD?

3/ Is the audio quality any better using a USB card than plugging in an MP3 player into the Aux socket?

<_< ;)

Sorry mate I've not done this install myself so have no clue of it's operation.

It would appear that it will work on any ford radio with a quad lock loom.

Ford do an official unit but it is I believe over £100.

It says this kit replaces the existing manufacturer fitted CD changer so it will not work with Sony CD or Sony 6CD - they do not have external CD changer connector.

The older style radios with multiple sockets are like you say reliant on a separate changer socket but the ones with the square quadlock style connectors should be ok.

I have a Sony 6cd unit and still have an aux/changer connection.

Hm...... Have you got button to switch radio to external CD changer?

Sorry mate I've not done this install myself so have no clue of it's operation.

It would appear that it will work on any ford radio with a quad lock loom.

Ford do an official unit but it is I believe over £100.

Sorry my mistake, must be another member who has done the conversion, maybe they can answer the questions. :)

If you want a hand gimme a shout, i retro-fitted the bluetooth to my car, pretty sure its the same process and unit, just one extra cable.

If you want a hand gimme a shout, i retro-fitted the bluetooth to my car, pretty sure its the same process and unit, just one extra cable.

Hi there, I would love to have the bluetooth function in my car, but you have the facelift model, and a different radio, I do have a button on mine that says 'phone' but all it does is mute the audio, where as you have the accept and reject buttons on your radio (the ones with the little picture of the phone on), but if you know how I can make mine work, Im all ears :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club