Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Few Questions From A New Focus Owner

redholt

Morning all,

Firstly great site. It's given me plenty of Ideas for modding which leads into my question.

I've created a little list of things I would like to do on my car (55 plate Zetec diesel) and hoped someone could tell me if they ate possible or not ?

Firstly I would like to install the DIS cluster from a focus 2.5 so from this

http://db.tt/mQ7tE5Hu

To this

http://db.tt/RS7AJ40t

And secondly has anyone installed electric closing mirrors on a MK2? Preferably with indicator lights to?

I'm going to have a go at getting Cruise set up when it arrives and make sure its all there (thanks to great guide on the site) but would love to get those 2 mentioned above installed if at all possible.

Thanks guys!

Hi,

Far as I know the clocks are interchangeable but will need the miles reprogrammed.

Power fold mirrors? I'm sure it depends on existing wiring.

Good luck with all future mods.

Have a look at my signature picture for possible inspiration.

Hi mate,

the cluster is synced with your ignition coil etc. so im not sure if it would be as easy as plug and play mate,

but the ELM software guide that pree has done, you can correct the mileage using that software but the GEM would also need to br programmed to communicate with the new cluster,

fitting a scangauge II would give you more info than the ford centre cluster though mate and would be cheaper over all.

• 9 months later...

Morning All,

Just thought I would revive this as I have been away for a few months. I was nearly swayed by a Golf as the Focus was starting to seem a bit bland but I saw an ST and it restored my faith. Anyway it got me thinking.

Can you get a 5 door body kit to make it ST like? I really like the front end of the ST but if I got that changed then the rest would have to follow as it would look a bit silly.

Secondly, did anyone ever manage to fit a MK2.5 centre console to a MK2. Ive seen this on eBay and thought it might be worth purchasing to put to one side until I can get the 2.5 armrest.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-Carbon-Effect-Centre-Console-top-part-St-Zetec-Genuine-/170998295224?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27d04aeab8

Has anyone done a Cluster swap yet? What I liked about the Golf was that I could retrofit a highline MFD which I could plug into my bluetooth and sat nav to access plenty of info from within the cluster (phonebook, texts, directions etc). Ive seen the 2.5 cluster has some of this functionality so I thought I would ask. Probably easier to just buy a 2.5

Thats all my questions for now, finally got some cash and time so going to get some mist jets installed and look at fitting a 2.5 spoiler hopefully!

the cluster is not as easy as you think the only way to get it work is via ford who will refuse unless you allow them to change both sets of clocks so they can confirm the mileage they usually want £200 or more to do it even then most of the display and functions will not work

Thought that would be the case. Shame as I can't get on with the MK2 DIS after seeing the functionality in the newer ones, always the way!

Morning All,

Just thought I would revive this as I have been away for a few months. I was nearly swayed by a Golf as the Focus was starting to seem a bit bland but I saw an ST and it restored my faith. Anyway it got me thinking.

Can you get a 5 door body kit to make it ST like? I really like the front end of the ST but if I got that changed then the rest would have to follow as it would look a bit silly.

You could create an ST replica,

St's were available in 5 door form, and share the same side skirt shape from 2006-2010 which are the same as the zetecS from 2008-2010

For mk2 st just change the bumpers and fit some side skirts, perhaps wing mirrors too.

You could change the front to facelift 2008-2010 you would require,

Bonnet,

Headlights,

Side fenders,

And of course the bumper but all 100% compatable as the chassie is the same from 2005-2010

May be cheaper to purchase a mk2.5 ST replica though,