Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help With New Purchase

Tibbz2000

Hi there as a alfa owner member I know how helpful these forums can be so I thought i'd pop in to ask a few questions. I am going to look at a Ford Focus 2.0 TDCI Titanium for my Dad. It's on a 57 plate with only 40k miles seems to be a good honest example questions are though, what common faults are there to look out for? what are the service intervals? When is the cam belt due? and having had many issues with dpf's and egr's does this car have a DPF and are they as troublesome in fords as they are in modern Alfas? sorry for all the questions but i know nothing about Focus's and would like to arm myself with as much info as possible.

anything you can add would be much appreciated,

regards Nathan

okay first if he doesnt do 15k miles per year dont buy a diesel you wont get good economy in fact you would be better with a petrol check all electrics check aircon take the car for a good drive check for damp in the boot and under the front carpets make sure the car has 2 keys and has had regular services as for the dpf im sure it has one cambelt and water pump should be done at 80k dont listen to fords 100k advice but read the honest john review that advises you not to buy the diesel http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ford/focus-2004/?section=bad

Well ford say service interval is 12,500 miles and from what I have read on other/this forum it's the lower engine size models that have dpf problems I would like to say if it had been looked after then u should be fine if ur dad continues to do so hope this helps

Thanks artscot, do you know the cam belt replacement mileage/date on these? googling ford focus is a minefield! He barely does 8k a year dont know why he's so obsessed on a low miler, i'm sure with that low milage it asking for dpf trouble thing is he currently has a 04 focus 1.8 petrol and it's mpg is poor and performance is not much better.

thanks K13 yes it has full service history and seems well looked after, just trying to gage an idea of an common faults to be aware of.

dont buy the diesel then at that mileage hes wasting his money he will get poor mpg dpf trouble the servicing and eloys fluid costs alone make it a silly purchase even ford advise you dont buy a diesel doing that mileage its advised you do the cambelt at 80k

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club