• 691 posts
  • Name: Hassen
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Mk 2.5 1.6TDCI 2010
  • Year: 2010

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

Now you sound like my farther when he saw my exhaust upgrade,
"Nice exhaust, what was wrong with the original system?"
I was thinking "nothing thats probablly why souhans kept it lmao"

Lol, your dad's thinking makes perfect sense and I think I would agree with him. Reckon I will wait and see how much it will cost in total and then decide. Hard to justify such an expense these days on a perfectly good car.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,548 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

Intrigued about Bluefin. Anyone has any experience about it and how to do it? I was under the impression that it could be used again in time a different car and you could just buy another map specific for another car. Any thoughts and how cost effective is it?

You buy the Bluefin with the licence to use on one car.
If you want to use it on another car you just pay for another licence when you apply for another remap download.
Take it from me that on a TDCI it's well worth it.
I gained 33bhp and bags more torque.

#33 Hassen

Hassen

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 691 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

You buy the Bluefin with the licence to use on one car.
If you want to use it on another car you just pay for another licence when you apply for another remap download.
Take it from me that on a TDCI it's well worth it.
I gained 33bhp and bags more torque.

Thanks for the info. Just got a quote from Souhan's, here in Ireland, for a custom remap (Performance) and a better free flowing back box with a new tip for 445 euro. This is a special offer they are doing at the moment. I mentioned the Ford Owners Club and how Lenny had his car done recently and recommended their place and Darren.
Reckon I will get it done as it's too good of a deal to miss. Tomorrow getting the sound system fitted in the morning and that should be a hoot after!
Fun times ahead :)

#34 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,980 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
Contributor

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

Thanks for the info. Just got a quote from Souhan's, here in Ireland, for a custom remap (Performance) and a better free flowing back box with a new tip for 445 euro. This is a special offer they are doing at the moment. I mentioned the Ford Owners Club and how Lenny had his car done recently and recommended their place and Darren.
Reckon I will get it done as it's too good of a deal to miss. Tomorrow getting the sound system fitted in the morning and that should be a hoot after!
Fun times ahead :)

Well done mate,
Cost me 480 for remap, oil change and fitting of my own exhaust lol good to see you got the discount, grab with both hands son.

#35 Hassen

Hassen

• FOC Supporters
  • 691 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

Well done mate,
Cost me 480 for remap, oil change and fitting of my own exhaust lol good to see you got the discount, grab with both hands son.

Wow...Didn't realise by how much it was a discount, given the fact that you already had your own exhaust. Did you get the stainless steel pipes instead of the original ones in the car? So far as I understand, Darren was saying they would fit a better more free flowing backbox and a nice tip at the end.

Also, fitted the new Green Cotton air filter last thursday. So far, my combined mpg went from 53 to about 58 mpg. These are rough figures and I think the engine ecu will get used to it before I see the full potential. Also, like yours Lenny, my paper air filter was bent inside the box and was basically useless. The car revs much more freely now and it's very similar to my experience with the old car and the K&N air filter.

One thing I know for sure is, I am totally addicted to the torque of the diesel engine. It's a lot of fun!

#36 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,980 posts
Contributor

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

Wow...Didn't realise by how much it was a discount, given the fact that you already had your own exhaust. Did you get the stainless steel pipes instead of the original ones in the car? So far as I understand, Darren was saying they would fit a better more free flowing backbox and a nice tip at the end.

Also, fitted the new Green Cotton air filter last thursday. So far, my combined mpg went from 53 to about 58 mpg. These are rough figures and I think the engine ecu will get used to it before I see the full potential. Also, like yours Lenny, my paper air filter was bent inside the box and was basically useless. The car revs much more freely now and it's very similar to my experience with the old car and the K&N air filter.

One thing I know for sure is, I am totally addicted to the torque of the diesel engine. It's a lot of fun!

You will really love the torque after the remap mate lol purge behind cars in 5th in fast lane rocking up and down
Mine is stainless from the flexi pipe to tip. The same as what you were quoted except mine has stainless pipe from back box to flexi pipe.
Im sure it wouldnt cost much more to get that section stainless too.
I.e from back box to flexi in 2.5" stainless same as back box and tip. All worth every penny mate, strange fords stardard filters are poo but good to have the better one fitted prior to remap.
Here are some pics of the under side.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this is the stock setup

Posted Image

#37 Hassen

Hassen

• FOC Supporters
  • 691 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

Back on topic for a min:

I want to replace the front door speakers. Anyone can point me to the correct sizes and some recommended speaker models please?
As long that the speakers are not too expensive and deliver good sound quality, that will fit the bill.

Thanks

#38 Hassen

Hassen

• FOC Supporters
  • 691 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

You will really love the torque after the remap mate lol purge behind cars in 5th in fast lane rocking up and down
Mine is stainless from the flexi pipe to tip. The same as what you were quoted except mine has stainless pipe from back box to flexi pipe.
Im sure it wouldnt cost much more to get that section stainless too.
I.e from back box to flexi in 2.5" stainless same as back box and tip. All worth every penny mate, strange fords stardard filters are poo but good to have the better one fitted prior to remap.
Here are some pics of the under side.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this is the stock setup

Posted Image

That looks ace Lenny. Very clean and professional job. That's it, gonna get the car booked in Souhan once I come back from holidays in 2 weeks. Will inquire how much more it would cost for the whole thing to be stainless steel. And, knowing me, I will probably ask them to give me back my old exhaust to keep.

If anyone needs a second hand exhaust for a Focus mk2.5 1.6 TDCI, get in touch with me in a couple of weeks and we can arrange something.

#39 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,980 posts
Contributor

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Back on topic for a min:

I want to replace the front door speakers. Anyone can point me to the correct sizes and some recommended speaker models please?
As long that the speakers are not too expensive and deliver good sound quality, that will fit the bill.

Thanks

Try Caraudiodirect.com
They are very compeditive on price and supply brand name direct replacment speakers for most make and models.
This way you can be certain that its a straight swap from stock speaker and the sound quality from the upgrade will actually be better than your existing one because it would be designed to specificly replace it.

#40 Hassen

Hassen

• FOC Supporters
  • 691 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Try Caraudiodirect.com
They are very compeditive on price and supply brand name direct replacment speakers for most make and models.
This way you can be certain that its a straight swap from stock speaker and the sound quality from the upgrade will actually be better than your existing one because it would be designed to specificly replace it.

Cheers Lenny. I was just wondering if there was a way to fit my old speakers to my Focus. They are 13cm Pioneer like these:

http://www.caraudiod...1c-renault.html

Any ideas if this would be possible just to save me buying another set of speakers and selling the ones I have already.

Thanks

#41 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,548 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

The Focus will easily take a 13cm speaker with the relevant oval adaptors like these-

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3cbb865b75

The wiring adaptors you need to convert a Focus wiring connector to a standard bayonet connector are these-

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a6655aa51

Or if you want to change it all up a couple of pairs of these-

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item25561a5621

#42 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,980 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

Cheers Lenny. I was just wondering if there was a way to fit my old speakers to my Focus. They are 13cm Pioneer like these:

http://www.caraudiod...1c-renault.html

Any ideas if this would be possible just to save me buying another set of speakers and selling the ones I have already.

Thanks

No 13cm speaker will be better than the 6.5 inch component system currently fitted.
The 13cm has built in tweeter which means all sound comes from one unit. Your stock system is better as each Speaker and tweeter work togeather to bring the different sounds controlled by a crossover box fitted to each unit.
13cm will fit with reduicer brackets but sound is better on component systems.

#43 Hassen

Hassen

• FOC Supporters
  • 691 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

The Focus will easily take a 13cm speaker with the relevant oval adaptors like these-

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3cbb865b75

The wiring adaptors you need to convert a Focus wiring connector to a standard bayonet connector are these-

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a6655aa51

Or if you want to change it all up a couple of pairs of these-

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item25561a5621

Thanks for all the info. I think I will go with getting a set of new speakers in the end as I think this would sound better with my old sub and amp.

Cheers

#44 Hassen

Hassen

• FOC Supporters
  • 691 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

No 13cm speaker will be better than the 6.5 inch component system currently fitted.
The 13cm has built in tweeter which means all sound comes from one unit. Your stock system is better as each Speaker and tweeter work togeather to bring the different sounds controlled by a crossover box fitted to each unit.
13cm will fit with reduicer brackets but sound is better on component systems.

That does make sense. Will be putting new speakers with the amp and sub which are now wired around the car but not yet to the headunit due to not having the right cable.

These are my two options so far for speakers:

Pioneer
http://www.ebay.co.u...92e10a92&_uhb=1

JBL
http://www.ebay.co.u...d36541bc&_uhb=1

Would love to hear if anyone has any experience or thoughts about them as I know very little of speakers. Also, whether to wire them to my amplifier or just straight to the headunit as I hear conflicting ideas about that.

Thanks

#45 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

The Jbl look good with their adjustable tweeter volume and angle, Jbl is a high end brand respected in PA and pro-audio circles, it is a 2 way system (a 3-way is un-nessesary in this size/ power of system)

it has the efficiency of the speaker (92db) which helps(if you apply 1W, the speaker will produce 92db, at 1meter, on-axis ), and the pioneer is an outgoing model, lastly the Jbl is a bit less expensive than the Pioneer

Watch out for the 2ohms impeadance and that the amp can drive that (whether built into the head unil or seperate)

you would normally use the head unit to drive the door speakers(there is usually 4 "seperate" amps/ outputs in a head unit) and a seperate amp to drive the sub.(if your amp was designed for a sub it will only have one output (for the sub) anyway ) really loud/ powerful serious installations might use multiple seperate amps

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users