SwansJasper

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Name: Jason
  • Ford Model: Zetec s
  • Year: 2010

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

Hi again lol ive got a focus s 59 plate it seems very sluggish and seems nowhere near as powerful as it shud be i know its not a huge engine but still surely there should be some torque in the lower gears? Oh and the handling is horrendous lol seems to understeer all the time and trys to spin is this normal ? Sorry if ive confused you lol hope you can help

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Hi again lol ive got a focus s 59 plate it seems very sluggish and seems nowhere near as powerful as it shud be i know its not a huge engine but still surely there should be some torque in the lower gears? Oh and the handling is horrendous lol seems to understeer all the time and trys to spin is this normal ? Sorry if ive confused you lol hope you can help

Hi, no worries, no, you have not confused me, i know exactly whats wrong - its the driver, - its not being driven right as it "shud" (should) be LOL :lol:  

#3 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,208 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

Tyres dont work properly under 7degrees so they wont be gripping the road and they may be over inflated they should be at cold 30psi front 2.0 bar and if just you in the car 31psi rear any higher they will slide instead of grip powerwise the 1.6 i have now is better than my old 1.8 i havent driven the newer one but its still the same engine renamed so i wouldnt expect that much from it since we cant drive it its hard to tell if its a concern have it checked out

#4 SwansJasper

SwansJasper

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Lol foca ;) so i aint confused you but you dont know whats wrong ? Lol

#5 SwansJasper

SwansJasper

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

Cheers scot il get it checked

#6 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,208 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Well with the 1.8 theres a few things to check such as has it been serviced do the dash trick and see if theres any fault codes are there any dash lights illuminated hows the condition of the air filter you could have binding brakes which would explain it put the car on the flat out of gear handbrake off it should move easily with little force or jack it up and spin each wheel they should move freely is the hanbrake releasing properly simple stuff

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users