Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intermittent Rumbling Noise

mrplowmale

Can anyone help, about two weeks ago my car started to make a 'rumbling' noise whenever i went over 2000 revs, it would then stop for a while then it would come back..not sure what it is. could it be the turbo or a split in a pipe somewhere any help would be great..

could be anything with such little info it may be aircon bearing a tensioner failing a wheel bearing to name a few certainly worth investigating you dont want a tensioner bearing fail you

thanks ..its more like whining noise...but only happens when ive been driving for a while...the rev counter hits 2000 revs then the noise kicks in....but then it doesnt happen all the time..

Without hearing a noise its difficult to say theres so many things from turbo bearings to wheel bearings ide certainly have it checked if youre not sure

• 2 weeks later...

after listening to this noise carefully now, its sounds like a dump valve. esp in 1st the revs hit around 2000 and there's a loud 'psssssst' noise.

i changed the air intake pipe as the little pipe leading of that was cracked, but now i don't where else to look. it doesn't affect the performance of the car as its still quite nippy..i have a 07 1.6 tdci...any suggestions would be great ..and yes you may have to draw pictures..thanks

after checking all the pipes etc..i found that a lot of jubilee clips were loose..so after tightening them all up the noise has gone...