bradybunch

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Andrew
  • Ford Model: fiesta 1.4tdci LX
  • Year: 2002

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

Hi guys. I bought a second hand fiesta on friday and everythin seemed to be fine however last night my alarm went off 8 times between 6pm and 4am. It absolutly killed me.
This morning I noticed that one of the rear windows was slightly open and so assumed that must have been the issue.
Closed the window and locked the car. Again everythin seems fine however after 5pm tonight the alarm started going off again.
It has already sounded twice and its not even 7pm yet (I think the car is scared of the dark).
I'm assuming that I have a faulty sensor in one of the doors. Is there anyway to deactivate the alarm while still keeping the doors locked? Need to try and get some sleep and not have the neighbours kill me.
Also has anyone else had this problem? It seems strange that it is only happening at night.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 J03Fiesta

J03Fiesta

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

Hey, have you had any luck with finding the problem/resolving it?

I've got a 2009 Fiesta and when ever I've gone back to the car either first thing in morning or after work it comes up on the screen with 'Alarm triggered check vehicle'.
Just WD40'd the bonnet catch as that's apparently a common cause to a faulty alarm to see whether it'll fix it, but it could be an internal sensor!

#3 bradybunch

bradybunch

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Andrew
  • Ford Model: fiesta 1.4tdci LX
  • Year: 2002

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

Yeah I did the same WD40 and the problem went away.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users