Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boot Stuck Shut!

Ash2011

I recently posted about my faulty boot lock which has been making some odd noises and only working intermittently. Well it's finally given up, you can hear it trying to work and a loud grinding/clicking noise but it's as though it isn't quite catching the locking mechanism. I need to remove it in order to fit a new one but the boot is closed and locked, meaning I can't get to the 3 release bolts. Does anyone know another way into the lock? I'll just have to snap the trim off if it comes down to it and find another from somewhere I guess.

had a similar situation with my boot a few years ago ..had to push down on the tail gate while operating the handle ..but mine was because the lock was badly adjusted .. might work for you

no lock on the mk2 mate if its truly stuck then you may have to tear the rear panel off the boot itself and buy a new one to get access to the lock

Had this prob on a mates mondy if you can get the rear cover off you will be able to flick the lock open with a screwdriver you should be able to get the panel off without braking it

Cheers fella's. Hopefully I can get the panel off without breaking it? Once it's off it should be a piece of cake. I need to get at it though and if the panel does snap I'm sure a trip down the scrapyard will solve that :)

If you do happen to break it give me a shout I'm sure I,ve got one it the shed got a few scratches on it though welcome to it

Unfortunately the problem is that you have to break it.

If you look at the handle of the boot, you will see torx25 screws securing the boot liner to the tailgate. Unfortunately when try to force it open you will end up snapping the plastics.

Yeah I've had nearly all the panels off at some stage from when I fitted my reverse camera and I remember those T25 screws. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a snap it off job so if you have one that would be a god send thank you! 😊 Just let me know how much you want for it.

Your quite welcome to it I,ll dig out of the shed at the weekend the torque screws you might get away with if your lucky as on mine they barely hold I can take the panel off with the hatch open and not even unscrew them I would try and start at the top by the wiper motor pull it back and see what you can access by pulling it down and if you can get at the lock have an assistant out side ready to pull the hatch up I will try and get a photo off mine for you exactly where you need to insert the screwdriver .

Ash you wil need a 40T torx to remove the 3 bolts that hold the catch on unlike the mondeo you can't flick it with a screwdriver I,ve taken a couple of pics hope it helps you outpost-29006-0-42016500-1390478030_thumb.jpost-29006-0-83959100-1390478064_thumb.j

Cheers mate! Very much appreciated :) should be doing it tomorrow if the lock arrives?

Couldn't do it yesterday because of the rain but the boot lock is now installed and working perfectly :) I did have to snap off quite a large section of trim as expected. And had to break into the old lock to flick the release switch inside as it was obviously stuck in the locked position :/ I'm definitely going to need a new boot trim if the offer still stands Neil? :) Cheshire is it you're from?

Yer ash offer still stands have quick cuppa and start setting about the black hole (me shed) an excuse to give it a tidy up lol let you know when I,ve got it out I,m in Ellesmere Port if you can hold out there's a possibility I might be coming up your way next weekend possibly up to Wolverhampton or Telford if my mate buys an engine for his pug said I,ll pick it up for him so might be able to meet up somewhere .

Thanks for that, much appreciated! And I can wait yeah, saying that me and my brother don't need much of an excuse to set off on a road trip lol and I work weekends. We'll sort something out :)