Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 Tdci Automatic .engine Malfunction And Gearbox Problem

newlook

Hello please help me :huh:

i have 2008 mondeo 2.0 diesel automotic transmission 3 days ago when i start engine .me come message in the dasboard engine malfunctioln.. i try again again but dont start engine after that come message in the dashboard gearbox problem :ermm: ...i swict off everything and wait 5 minutes engine start but i see yellow light in the dashboards ....i drive to home when i come i switched from D to P (parking transmission) engine stopped ...i try again but everytime come to message engine malfunction...i go to service he said i need to open gearbox and revision some parts .maybe problem with sensor and this sensor in this gearbox....he clear any errors ..but problems again again... i go to another service ...he said accumulator is bad ı need to change...... or gairbox brain dont working we need to change ...first i change accumulator clean all errors like 30 km i drive no problem...but i drive like 100 mph/h and engine automatically stop and i see engine lights and esp lights in dashboard after that again i see message Engine Malfunction....know my car is garage please help me !service want to like 1000 pound for open gearbox he said torque conventer need to rapair ....help please ..sorry for bad my english :(

i go to another service today he said maybe car has electronik problem

i dont know what do please help !

Now i have battery 12.5 this is normally ? Who can me helping please

post-54214-0-89211800-1399806309_thumb.j

post-54214-0-30353400-1399806396_thumb.j

why nobody dont want helping me !

Sounds not too dissimilar from the issue with the CMAX, probably a torque converter issue so you may well require a new gearbox unit with the torque converter included

• Like 1

Hi Ismail, its most likely because people dont know how to help you or dont know whats wrong, so they arent posting!

As I mentioned on your other thread, the issue is most likely to a faulty gearbox and/or torque converter. I suspect you will need a new unit, or to send yours off for reconditioning

Yesterday to night working ..at 3.00 oclock immobiliser automotically open

Adn car is close ..nobody cant repairing ...now im in another city i send car to ford servise

Master said the problem not gearbox maybe electronical problem ..now master with car testing like 3 hours he drive but now car hasnt problem..

I dont know i worry now car coming here ..when i drive problem coming again....

post-54214-0-32981600-1399909944_thumb.j

post-54214-0-66839700-1399910017_thumb.j

Today i take my car from garage ...master said they update all

Software of my car .. they test car 100 km ..no problem

Now i go with car 40 km bo problem

But i worry

Hopefully the software update resolved the issue, if your odometer shows they have added 100km then just keep an eye on it and phone them back if the problem comes again.

• 3 years later...

i have all the same problems with my 2008 automatic mondeo. the transmission is locked to 3. gear as soon as the car starts moving. i could not solved the problem yet, they shad said they tried to reset software of the control unit, but it did not work. maybe the service that i brought my car not experienced as much as Ismail's service. i am waiting for your helps if you have anything in your mind to try about my problem.

Ismail bey, umarim hala forumla baglantiniz vardir. benim aracımda da ayni problem yasanmakta. nasil ve nerde cozum buldugunuzu paylasirsaniz cok sevinirim. bilgi icin 5327667988. tesekkurler

• 1 year later...

I wonder if someone may be able to point me in the right direction. I have the exact same problem as the Ozsangs. I have a 2008 Mondeo titanium automatic which has given me very little trouble over the years, although I have indulged it with a full Ford service history. When I start the car all is well for around 3-4 minutes then the warning light below appears and the gearbox locks into 3rd gear. The car drives fine and when I turn the car off it clears the warning light and the all is well again for 3-4 mins and then a repeat. I am confused about this warning light as it indicates vehicle stability and I can't see why it would affect the gearbox at all. Can anyone help?  ford-mondeo-stability-control-dashboard-warning-light-symbol.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hello

I am having the same problem. Great is locked on 3, limp mode, engine light and esp light on and saying I gearbox service required.

Any Solution guy?

I am considering doing gear box service this weekend if it will help.

On 6/5/2019 at 9:35 AM, GDJ1963 said:

I wonder if someone may be able to point me in the right direction. I have the exact same problem as the Ozsangs. I have a 2008 Mondeo titanium automatic which has given me very little trouble over the years, although I have indulged it with a full Ford service history. When I start the car all is well for around 3-4 minutes then the warning light below appears and the gearbox locks into 3rd gear. The car drives fine and when I turn the car off it clears the warning light and the all is well again for 3-4 mins and then a repeat. I am confused about this warning light as it indicates vehicle stability and I can't see why it would affect the gearbox at all. Can anyone help?  ford-mondeo-stability-control-dashboard-warning-light-symbol.jpg

Hello

I am having the same problem. Great is locked on 3, limp mode, engine light and esp light on and saying I gearbox service required.

Any Solution guy?

I am considering doing gear box service this weekend if it will help.

• 3 weeks later...

Believe you have the AWF21 gearbox. If that is the case....

Locked in 3rd gear is the transmission emergency mode. Could be caused by number of issues and best is to hook up to a code scanner to see what part is going wrong.

Regular servicing is the key for the longevity of the transmission.... 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club