Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust Help

Jack14

i just got fiest zetec s mk7 metal editon, i want a new exhaust, i want a catback non resonated exhaust.

which is the loudest one i could buy?

If u want a really loud one jus do a straight threw true one. Cost u notin only a bit of pipe and if its to loud Jus buy a racing back box for it itl sound a treat. What litre is ur car

whats a good straight threw? 1.6, 134bhp

Beware that a loud exhaust will fail an mot and that you run the risk of being stopped by the police.

I could recommend you a place for a custom exhaust if your willing to travel as far as fife?

You dont need a loud exhaust, just get a miltek catback, bout 500 quid but well worth it. sound awesome

Straight true, replacing the boxes on the exhaust with a pipe the same width thats on the car its a cheap way probly not the right way, not sure what itl do power wise to the car . Removove cat, centre box, and if u wanted replace the back box with a racing one, you will break windows when u put the foot down. And keep in mind what steff said but you can also have this problem if you buy one over the counter

When it comes to cars, in my eyes its not what you need its what u want lol

Unfortunately on an NA a straight-through exhaust the lack of back pressure can make the engine run lean and/or give you a mid-range flat spot

As C has said, if you really must - remove all the middle silencers and fit a "straight through" racing style silencer - exhausts are basically bits of steel tube -

then fit one of these -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/APEXI-EXHAUST-CONTROL-VALVE-ECV-FLANGE-TYPE-51MM-/280625935702?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item41569bf556&vxp=mtr

then you can be quiet when you are driving past the polis / taking your mum shopping when the noisy exhaust has done your head in on a long journey or you have a headache etc

And you have a loud exhaust when you want to show off/ annoy your neigbors, other road users etc :lol:

I must confess i have a straight-through 2-1/4" / 2-1/2" exhaust - but its fairly quiet and it passed the MOT no problem because the turbo cuts the exhaust noise down - an NA (Naturally Asperated/ non-turbo) usually needs more silencing

Even race cars have to not be too loud and can be not allowed to race in some competitions or on track days on some tracks

Foca thats prity handy how does it work?

whats the loudest catback out their? i just want a loud exhaust

Foca thats prity handy how does it work?

You fit it in line with the exhaust and you have a lever in the car that you pull to make it loud or quiet - some have cables, (like that one) others are electric, you get ones with the valve built into the back-box

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Remote-Control-3-Inlet-4-Outlet-Tip-Exhaust-Muffler-w-Electric-Valve-Silencer-/301072200376?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item46194d32b8&vxp=mtr

and ones that bypass the exhaust completely

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Electric-Exhaust-Cut-Out-Cutout-Test-Y-Pipe-Valve-Kit-Switch-Button-Control-/231255978298?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35d7ee313a&vxp=mtr

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club