Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mp3 Via Usb

Serathor

Hi All

I have a 62 plate Mondeo with a Sony head unit that I use to play MP3s via a memory stick located under the arm-rest.

What the Sony head unit does is sort everything alphabetically. Which I dont want, I want to play them in a specific order.

I have tried

Putting the files on the mp3 stick in the order I want them, one at a time.

I used a program called drivesort (IIRC) which has a playlist mode on, and I thought I could re-arrange them using this into the order I want. (Which I used Winamp after I did this on the PC and that played them in the order that I specified. So it worked for that) However when I put the stick in the car it sorts them out alphabetical again.

I used to own a Astra which had a aftermarket Sony head unit in that would play MP3s in the order that I specified from a stick. But this one wont.

Is there something else I can do do get the mp3s to play in the order that I want?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

You need to add a number to the beginning of the file name so they play in correct track order.

I always start 01, 02, 03 etc and everything plays correctly.

If you want Albums to play in a chosen order you need to put them into folders and number the folders as well.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

Hi

Many thanks for that, a bit of a clunky way of doing it. But I cant understand why a aftermarket one I bought about 8 years ago would and this one by the same manufacturer wont. But heyho

Can your recommend or would you know of any software that would do this instead of me having to do each one manually.

Thanks again

Within Windows you can do this with something like advanced renamer:

http://www.advancedrenamer.com/

but most utilities will restrict what you can do as they tend to rename all the files or all the folders at the same time.

There is a simple way of doing it though on windows, if you dont want the track name to be visible.

Many thanks I will give that a go

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club