Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Dash Cam Dangerous Driving Clips, Should You Be Able To Up Load Evidence To The Police

catch

I tell you what, setting aside the who's at fault bit for a minute.

Having cams in my car, and even though I consider myself to be a considerate driver to other road users. 50 years of holding a clean driving licence would appear to be evidence of that statement of "Fact " :rolleyes:

I personaly have found having them in the car, you tend to try that little bit harder to be an even better driver.

Hell nobody else but you are going to see the footage, if you could be @rsed to look at it in the first place [assuming you are not reviewing it after an incident] Just the very fact they are there does have that effect on me anyway. There is only one person you cannot kid and that is yourself, and I'm sure anybody who is half decent would not want their integrity brought into question even by themselves :)

Of course if your a complete @rse ole [not directed at anybody here, please note] then the above would not apply.

Then again once they are hard wired, and hence auto on and off with ignition, I reckon you will just tend to forget about them, in regard to having a desire to look at endless no eventfull footage. But like I say, there in the event you need them to settle a dispute.

I agree with it making you a better driver. The need to be faultless 8s something I like

• Like 1

Thanks for that, Is there a camera that you can advise on, that can be fitted to a any car? (Mainly Ford as I'm going to swap my Titanium for an ST at some point)

I have had t of events, one an accident of someone else's making (look for my thread on bus vs vauxhall) video evidence proved not my fault and meant the other party was going to contest blame but the evidence was clear and they had to accept blame (their words) and also I had my car two's under the 'care' of a garage (look for my a phone call would be nice and not joyriding my car thread). Video footage given to police, saved them weeks of investigations as evidence in hand, and they are pursuing a prosecution with this evidence.

It works in many ways and is worth the investment, but th lack of resource caused by the idiots at no 10 is the reason the police have to make cuts to essential services, meaning they sadly struggle with pro active policing that exceeds the basic principles of their policing capabilities and day to say patrolling for more serious crimes, than those designated bad or idiotic driving by Joe public. If they could have these teams and capabilities, I have such little doubt they would snap it up. But cut the inner 75 percent if an apple out and eat the skin and what little remains and I challenge you to be anything less than hungry...

These things are fantastic ideas but with no tangible means it's impossible facilitate...

As for the camera, the forum favourites are Mobius and mine (see link in my signature for review)

Thanks for that, Is there a camera that you can advise on, that can be fitted to a any car? (Mainly Ford as I'm going to swap my Titanium for an ST at some point)

Max here is the dashcam I'm currently using it's one of forum favourite and also James camera is also a forum favourite.

Everything you'll ever need to know about this cam is here, feel free to post and ask questions. I have also done a guide on how to hard wire it into any car without cutting any wires on the car

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52271-My-New-Mobius-Dashcam

I haven't read every post but maybe this is something that could be trialled, say in a small area or a town where there are lots of problems with dangerous driving. They could employ 2 or 3 people to look through the footage and put up signs so people know where to send footage to, advertise it etc. Then after a year if they can say the trail led to x number of convictions and injuries / deaths on the road fell by x percent compared to other areas, then it's a success and should be rolled out. If not, well at least you know it doesn't work.

Well that's just what I thought when reading this thread :)

• Like 1

Phil,

I guess to do trials you need to have defined knowns such as how many cameras out there, recording for how long and the like. Overwise a very low number vids sent could be inconclusive, in that the numbers of motorists being active supporters of the project could not be defined.

I was just mussing the idea of uploading the evidence of traffic regulation offences, potentially endangering life.

But I reckon with the onward march of technology, and considering the billions of pound lost to the economy, and the 23,000 or so lives lost or seriously degraded. And the near 200,000 other injuries sustained every year, after year, after year. Eventually something will be done about it I'm sure.

I was watching that new program on Motorway Workers this week, there was a guy in an HGV watching a "series" as he put it, not a film, on his laptop whilst driving. Now I suspect he would get a hundred quid or so fine, yet his actions could have cost countless lives in a pileup and millions of pounds worth of damage and cost to the economy in motorway closure costs.

A law that stated the vehicle would be inpounded and not released until a hefty fine was paid by the company owners. I bet the incidences of HVG drivers watching films on lap tops would drop considerably.

I watched another program "How good a driver are you" or such like, the other week. Put these women in a simulator, texting while driving. One woman seeing the results said thats it, the phone is off when she is in the car. The other one said " she would keep the text messages "SHORT"

Until peoples mindset is altered, and there is no better way to do that, than taking licenses of offenders, or very heavy fines, this carnage on our roads will continue.

• Like 1

Yes you're right about mindsets needing to change. It seems that when some people get behind the wheel of a car their whole personality changes, they think they can get away with anything. I mean you could have someone who seems to be a perfectly normal and friendly person, but then the next day they're responsible for a death on the road just because they don't realise how dangerous their driving is.

Maybe what we need is for Youtube to enable us to flag videos which show a crime or traffic offence being committed, then the police could use this to find videos which are worth following up and dealing with more dangerous drivers.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club