Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Like The Car But Hate The Dealership

France

I have warped front discs at 30000kms, (apparently it is not unknown) and the DS door rubber is peeling away.

They glued it under warranty rather than changing it all, in fact I saw the new rubber that they had ordered but instead didn't fit it due to last minute advice.

So the car is 7 months out of warranty, (only 2 years here) and they sent us a brochure annual service for only 149E; the one under warranty was 300E including a charge for an oil additive, which is hard to imagine being needed in new car?

So I mentioned to the young girl at reception about the brake discs, "do you want them replaced 300E"?

Do you want the brake fluid changed at 69E? and then the cabin filter for 50E.

In fact the service is nothing more than an oil and filter change as it turned out, and the oil to be used Castrol wasn't a brand instead called Titan?

So when I asked to speak to a mechanic, about he door rubber and the brakes she and told me go go to a bodyworks, the door has never fitted all that well, does not line up with the rear window glass and the rubber seal catches on the pillar.

As for the brake discs they didn't take the wheels off she said but the pads are OK?

So for the first time in my life I feel not like wanting to buy another Ford.

I am going to write to the factory.

Tony

In my experience, going direct to the manufacturer has always got MUCH better results in these kind of situations. Bad dealerships will rip off or ignore customers, but if they get spoken to by Ford or whatever other company it's amazing how quickly things can change.

Frankly I don't see your problem. A warped brake disk is one of those things that happens from time to time. 30k km isn't a short distance and brake wear can thin the disk enough to warp if heavy braking is used. Your comment about the door never fitting all that well to me begs the question, why not get it sorted when it was still under warrantee? Waiting until you have a problem with the door seal then blaming the dealer shows a shortcoming on your part, not the dealer or manufacturer.

I had the same door seal problem, and it happend after 30000km to the passanger side door, the door itself looks perfect, it was just the seal that I think is a dud, Ford replaced mine without any questions, hope you can get yours sorted

I have warped front discs at 30000kms, (apparently it is not unknown) and the DS door rubber is peeling away.

They glued it under warranty rather than changing it all, in fact I saw the new rubber that they had ordered but instead didn't fit it due to last minute advice.

So the car is 7 months out of warranty, (only 2 years here) and they sent us a brochure annual service for only 149E; the one under warranty was 300E including a charge for an oil additive, which is hard to imagine being needed in new car?

So I mentioned to the young girl at reception about the brake discs, "do you want them replaced 300E"?

Do you want the brake fluid changed at 69E? and then the cabin filter for 50E.

In fact the service is nothing more than an oil and filter change as it turned out, and the oil to be used Castrol wasn't a brand instead called Titan?

So when I asked to speak to a mechanic, about he door rubber and the brakes she and told me go go to a bodyworks, the door has never fitted all that well, does not line up with the rear window glass and the rubber seal catches on the pillar.

As for the brake discs they didn't take the wheels off she said but the pads are OK?

So for the first time in my life I feel not like wanting to buy another Ford.

I am going to write to the factory.

Tony

You should have insisted the seal was changed under warranty while warranty still applied. Its to late now.

There is nothing wrong with the oil used

Link

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-991-fuchs-titan-xtr-5w-30-high-performance-fuel-economy-synthetic-engine-oil.aspx

An interim service is nothing more than an oil and filter change and a visual check and cursory check of the car. Its the same no matter which manufacturer the car comes from they all charge high prices for servicing interim or not.

Same applies to wear items like brakes and pads they often advise replacement is necessary when often they are not needed. All dealers will charge high prices for supply and fit of brake discs and pads its their bread and butter money. An independent local garage will do them for half the price. They are an easy DIY job anyway.....

While the car is up on the ramps they can view both the inside and outside of the disc faces and the thickness of the pads. They do not need to remove the wheels to tell you if replacement is required or not. Sometimes the outside face of the disc and the thickness of the pad can appear fine but the inside face and the inside pad can be worn quite a bit more this is due to the caliper being of the sliding variety and more wear goes to the insides and if the caliper slide pins corrode or stick the insides can wear very fast indeed... Using acidic wheel cleaner can remove all of the ceratec pin lubricating compound ..

Basically you have little to moan about other than the door seal which you should have insisted was done under warranty while the car was still in warranty..

Same with the ill fitting door which likely only needs slight adjustment anyway it should have been done within warranty why wait till now ?

The door seal appears to be a design defect on the 3 door. I saw one that had both sides ripped off. If I owned one I dare say I could find a home made fix for it-it looked pretty simple but I agree it should not happen. I assume they have now cured it on the latest model?

The door seal appears to be a design defect on the 3 door. I saw one that had both sides ripped off. If I owned one I dare say I could find a home made fix for it-it looked pretty simple but I agree it should not happen. I assume they have now cured it on the latest model?

I can only assume the same with mine, a design defect, it never looked as if it snagged or was torn by mistake, and in my case the door was hardly used sins I drive 80% of the time alone, but lucky for me mines still under warranty and they fixed it without a question.

Thanks for the replies people.

There is perhaps no bigger Ford fan than me, I used to work for Ford Australia for the best part of my life.

Other reasons I dislike this dealer, when buying we had to wait about 3 weeks, i turned up to pay a week before then found out there had been a delay were we informed? no!

I sent the manager (the guy I bought it from) an email to ask about prices of some accessories to be fitted before delivery; no reply!

So we tried to phone once or twice, the phone in fact rang off.

On the first service at 1500 kms i rocked up and said I didn't want the optional oil change done 60E left the car parked in front of the reception, went and sat down in the showroom for an hour or so, came back to find my car still in the same place, it's done? no you didn't want an oil change that's all we do lol

Three woman phoned up after the yearly service to ask the same question if we were happy, no my wife said not really, oh well we well send you out a form to fill, did it arrive no!

The car steered strangely when new had to keep correcting the wheel, an alignment problem? didn't feel like it to me, as if the tyres were controlling the steering rather than me (tramlining)?, no sorry after 1500 kms its not covered by warranty; but there is a garage opposite you can ask them.

As for the alignment of the door its normal said the young receptionist, another case when I asked to speak to a mechanic and was refused.

Its only now after warranty that the seal is starting to peel off, and its looks like that will be up to me to keep having it re stuck or replaced time and time again. I can accept that with a 2 door having such along door taking up so much of the body length a problem like this could arrive, the rubber frotting on a pillar and not aligning up with the rear window surround.

The biggest shock is to have warped discs at 30000 kms, my Focus traded at 175000 kms never had this problem I currently have two other cars produced by Ford, a Jaguar replaced them at 90000 kms, became thin and a Mazda RX8 done 104000 and still in good shape, my last Ford in OZ was a Fairmont replaced them at 90000 kms

I think the Fiesta is a great little car and I probably will buy another soon, when we sell the Mazda but in a different region and from another dealer

Tony

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club