Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Juddering When Driving Along

sarahlouise40

Hi, i wonder if anyone can help me, I've got a 1.3 ford fiesta 2002, recently it has been starting to judder when driving along, pulling away isn't a problem and it pulls away smoothly but when changing up to 2nd/3rd gear after i let me foot off the clutch the juddering starts to appear, it feels like your going to stall the car, if that helps!. it eases of if i put my foot slightly on the clutch and then i can carry on but as you can tell, the problem is irritating me.

I have put fuel injector cleaning fluid in to see if it was a problem with the injectors with rubbish in them, but doing the miles i do it would have sorted the problem out.

so, thank you for your help. hope i can get some response.

Sarah

post-57651-0-60970100-1408973672_thumb.j

Your car is a 1.3 petrol so it's not the normal diesel flywheel problems but I would be inclined to think it's still the clutch/flywheel that is vibrating because you say it reduces if you slightly press the clutch pedal. May also be worth getting the engine mountings checked.

Sarah,

If your mechanically inclined check the clutch pedal switch in the pedal box. If you put your foot on the clutch and it clears the fault the switch may have a bad connection.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club