• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 peterg

peterg

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1997
Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:14 AM

Recently we changed the clutch ratchet and having got that working test drove the car the clutch was perfect BUT the brake pedal was soft and useless. To the best of my knowledge we took a clip of something protruding out of the brake pedal as said in the Haynes manual and replaced it. Logic tells me that I have not reassembled it properly but cannot see what is wrong. It certainly is not the hydraulics / servo.
Any ideas??
Cannot find a blow apart diagram for the brake pedal assembly anywhere.
Thanks

Peter

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 peterg

peterg

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1997
Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:56 AM

Sorted..someone? undid the bolts holding the long bar that traverses the engine to the hydraulics. Result was as you pressed the pedal the bar moved forward and the hydraulics were not compressed.

Ten minutes of frantic nut tightening and we were fixed. A case of too many cooks spoiling the broth!!!

Recently we changed the clutch ratchet and having got that working test drove the car the clutch was perfect BUT the brake pedal was soft and useless. To the best of my knowledge we took a clip of something protruding out of the brake pedal as said in the Haynes manual and replaced it. Logic tells me that I have not reassembled it properly but cannot see what is wrong. It certainly is not the hydraulics / servo.
Any ideas??
Cannot find a blow apart diagram for the brake pedal assembly anywhere.
Thanks

Peter

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users