Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Car Tracking Device

laumk7

Tracking any car is a good idea fiesta or Ferrari but some insurers do prefer and favour those with them. Not all stolen cars are written off, from a recent personal experience a car was stolen, recovered and undamaged. Total cost to the owner would have otherwise been a new set of barrels and the immobiliser reprogramming...

It's not cheap to re-key a modern car!! I remeber a chap on the Fiat Forum a few years ago - think it was a Bravo that had been stolen (keys taken in a house burglary) and recovered.

Best part of £200 for new keys

Same again on replacement locks

New BCM was £6-700 odd.

Plus the labour.

I know if your car is worth more than a grand it might still be worth it.

Can't remeber what the outcome was with the insurers

When I bought my car I found that it had a pre-fitted tracking system still attached.

One web check of the serial number later and I was on the phone to the Company.

£95 per year and I have full tracking and self-access to geolocation services with options to disable the ECU if needed.

• Like 1

When I bought my car I found that it had a pre-fitted tracking system still attached.

One web check of the serial number later and I was on the phone to the Company.

£95 per year and I have full tracking and self-access to geolocation services with options to disable the ECU if needed.

Do you mind me asking who it's with? It's the remote immobilisation that's appealing especially

It's not cheap to re-key a modern car!! I remeber a chap on the Fiat Forum a few years ago - think it was a Bravo that had been stolen (keys taken in a house burglary) and recovered.

Best part of £200 for new keys

Same again on replacement locks

New BCM was £6-700 odd.

Plus the labour.

I know if your car is worth more than a grand it might still be worth it.

Can't remeber what the outcome was with the insurers

New car with all current add ons is iro 18k, not that I'm paying that for it thanks to carwow

It's a CobraTrak system with the option to permit remote immobilisation.

The unit to buy and install myself would have been a fair chunk but as it was sat there blinking away to itself I felt that £95 a year was worth it.

It did cost me an additional £200 to take over the user rights though.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club