Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Cd Player Does Not Fit. Focus Mk1 2002.

LochyMacleod

First post, Sorry if its not in the correct format. I am not a huge car buff so please bear with me.

I have a 2002 1.6 ghia.

So I decided it was time to get a new CD player. I had a look online and to the best of my knowledge I could see that I needed a Double DIN cd player. So I went ahead and got myself a new Pioneer cd player (Link below).

But it does not fit, it looks like it could with a good push but I don't want to do that. By having a quick look at the 2 the standard Ford CD player looks about 6.6 inches.

What am I best to do here? I really want a new cd player but I don't want to wreck the car as it was inherited from a family member who passed away and took real care of it. (only done about 35k miles.)

CD player i got.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009KZ95QQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

The focus MK1 has a 1.7 DIN radio. A 2 DIN radio will not fit without modifications.

The easiest way to install a 2 DIN radio into a focus mk1 is by using a Metra adapterkit. Depending on the brand and type of radio you have it will be necessary to remove some edges of the original dashboard panel and the dashboard behind it. Some 2 DIN radio's require more space than others. Most 2 DIN radio's must be installed without the small trim which surrounds the radio front. The Metra kit fills the gaps on both sides of the radio.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club