Do Not Sell My Personal Information

galaxy 1.9 tdi mk1 fuel or immobiliser problem?? help

sisq0786

hi everyone this is my 1st post and hope u can help me...right i have v reg 2000 ford galaxy 1.9 tdi which wont start when i switch ignition on the relay clicks but fuel pump doesnt react no fuel goes thru to engine when i crank car....but ther's a solonoid on fuel pump which if i short then starts flowing fuel into engine but still wont start...SO IS IT A FUEL PROBLEM OR IMMOBILISER???

have you got a spare key you can try?

have you got a spare key you can try?

hi there yes i have 2 keys well what originally happened was there were no keys at all so i got an ignition barrel with a key got another 2 keys from ford dealers got them cut and programmed into car by tech2 guy the car didnt even crank before + had the red led light flash on door panel this was before so now the cranks but does not send any fuel thru.... :blink:

without inspection its hard to say whats wrong, start with the simple stuff like relays, fuses and wireing connections.

Pull the plug off the maf sensor and see if the black and yellow wire is live with the ignition switched on , if not and you feel brave enough , put 12v down that line , if the car starts it's likely the ignition relay.

yep cheers guys car is with a technican at mo i will post solution on here as soon as i know whats going but do keep your ideas coming in ...thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
hi there yes i have 2 keys well what originally happened was there were no keys at all so i got an ignition barrel with a key got another 2 keys from ford dealers got them cut and programmed into car by tech2 guy the car didnt even crank before + had the red led light flash on door panel this was before so now the cranks but does not send any fuel thru.... :blink:

was the car running before you lost your keys ? if it was the new keys have probably not been programmed correctly galaxys are hard to programme even with dedicated key prog equipment try a local locksmith that programmes transpomder keys or take it to a dealer.colin

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys just to let you know have had car fixed so is up and running now! :lol: problem was wrong relay (fuel cut off) and timimg was out by 4cm....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club