Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint Chips

golty

Noticed some very small paint chips on my bonnet of my brand new fiesta, only had it a few months. There very small and actually only noticeable from certain angels.

On my commute to work I constantly get stuck behind lorry's and other farming vehicles so I'm expecting to get a few more chips, my question is what should I do about the chips just leave them or get a ford touch up kit?

Also do these touch up kits work well and are they easy to use?

Thanks

Small stone chips usually leave behind protected metal, it's important to know if the stone went through to the metal or not.

They can be pretty well fixed I found a cocktail stick very useful rather than a brush, and I'm a convert to Halfords matched paint.

They match it from your paint code.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

A have a few had Ford touch up kit and they work but not ever that great to be honest with gives off a slightly different shades but does hide them I have sane problems when doing paintball or hunting down the farms in stuck behind all sorts of massive vehicles

Get them touched up and buy yourself some paint protection film from 3M.

It's pretty sturdy stuff and it allows the stones to bounce off of it rather than take chunks out of the paint :D

Is the protection film in pre cut shapes or is it best to get it wrapped. Have you done this ifoundmyalloys?

Done it to my sills to protect from scratches etc. It's pretty sturdy stuff.

It doesn't come pre cut unfortunately but you can buy it off eBay and the like. I would recommend the 30cm wide stuff to give sufficient coverage. It's easy enough to do yourself ad it's a flat panel.

If you're gonna do it yourself though, make sure you wrap it around and under the bonnet to stop it lifting :)

• Like 1

Done it to my sills to protect from scratches etc. It's pretty sturdy stuff.

It doesn't come pre cut unfortunately but you can buy it off eBay and the like. I would recommend the 30cm wide stuff to give sufficient coverage. It's easy enough to do yourself ad it's a flat panel.

If you're gonna do it yourself though, make sure you wrap it around and under the bonnet to stop it lifting :)

great idea mate going to have a look for some now for mine, by the way is there a certain thickness of the stuff

They do come in different thickness but that only relates to the cheaper stuff (3M isn't that expensive anyway) the thicker it is, obviously the more protection you get but the harder it is to work with :)

If you need help applying it then give me a shout through PM and ill walk you through it.

• Like 1

I used a "Chip Stick" which came with some Turtle Wax polish, and it worked quite well on some very small paint chips. It doesn't match the colour but makes the chips much less noticeable, to the point where nobody would notice them unless you pointed them out.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club