Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Led Fog Bulbs

ScaldedApe

Hi,

We recently bought a 2010 Fiesta Titanium and one of the fog light bulbs had blown. A few months ago I bought some of these LED H11 bulbs for another car .... so thought Id try them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281236122513?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I tested the LEDs with a 9v battery and croc clips and they worked perfectly. I fitted them to the car and nothing !! I swapped then incase of polarisation but still nothing.

I took them off and tested with the battery again and they work .....

So what am i missing lol

Thanks

There's definitely power at the lights ?

There's definitely power at the lights ?

Yes sorry I should have said.

I used the working H11 halogen bulb and theres power at both sides.

The car doesn't use Canbus or similar does it?.

If so, the low resistance of the LEDs could be making the car think it has a bulb blown and not providing power? Just a shot in the dark :)

The car doesn't use Canbus or similar does it?.

If so, the low resistance of the LEDs could be making the car think it has a bulb blown and not providing power? Just a shot in the dark :)

Thats did cross my mind, so I did a search on here for Mk7 Titanium Canbus. Supposedly leds are fine in all bulb positions expect for the indicators.

Sounds strange other than if the contacts are different on the leds.

• Like 1

Sounds strange other than if the contacts are different on the leds.

Do you mean the plugs connecting the wiring to the bulbs ? It's a standard h11 connection on the leds, just like the original bulbs.

They click into the wiring just like normal.

Have you changed any other bulbs other than the fog lights? And are they all happily working?

I've changed almost all the bulbs and they all work fine.

All the replaced bulbs are standard filament ones except for the front side lights and rear number plate lights which are now led. Those work fine though

Today I bought some new Phillips H11 bulbs and both front fogs are working fine.

I have to assume that the car doesn't like to have low voltage LED Bulbs in the front fog lights. There wasn't any error messages though !!

Has anyone got led front fog that are working ?

I changed my front fogs to some Osram Cool Blue Intense. They were quite expensive, but they look good!

I'm a bit iffy about the idea of "proper" lights being LED and whether or not they would have enough travel!

• Like 1

I managed to get sone Osram Silverstars for all the front light inc the fogs really cheap today. So I'm going to stick with those.

I think it's more likely to be that the contacts on the led lights are bent or slightly differently positioned to the proper bulbs

Seen as they work with croc clips and a battery

The low current draw from them shouldn't affect anything

You might have mentioned this already, but the connector might need to go the other way around to get the positive and negative on the correct pin

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club