Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1.5 Stalling After New Icv?

raddersturbo

Hello chaps,

Got a problem that I can't get my head around - my 04 1.6 petrol has been hunting for idle a little bit and idles a bit low (worse with electrics being used and worst when engine is warm) which has been seen in countless forum posts and threads. So naturally I assumed this was the idle control valve, which I replaced.

After fitting and letting it idle for a bit, all seemed well but upon driving the car, it now stalls whenever you try and roll into 1st gear or let the revs drop to idle for any reason. I thought it may have been a faulty part - was a cheap eBay job after all so I got a replacement and fitted that one, same deal. Also when you first start it up with the new valve, the engine is seriously lugging until you give it some gas.

I've put the old one back on for now - anyone can shed any light on this?

The symptoms with the new valve seem to be like what happens when the gearbox speed sensor is faulty, but why is it only doing it with the new part? (Also I've had no speedo problems)

Finally, I have checked all the vacuum pipes and intake Mani for leaks but there appear to be none.

Cheers guys

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club