Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo St Tdci 155 2005

luKeh

Hello chaps

Yesterday bought myself a mondeo st tdci 155ps from auction got it at a good price of £1,075. to expect something to be wrong

After paying and picking up when i started the car it panted, does not feel like a 155ps should, ive run the 115 and 130 before and know there nippy. but this was like a transit 90 ps!

After having a hunt around the bonnet i found a SPLIT on the left hand side of the engine bay where the large pipe goes from the egr to i believe the intercooler? would this cause no power / guts what so ever?

Also from starting from cold it pants a little and has some smoke, if i hold the throttle at around 1200rpm it really does smoke a blueish colour like a !Removed!. Would a split in the pipe cause this or does it sound like the dreaded injector problem?

Ive read around online people saying unplug egr valve, but i cannot find an electrical connector on it?

if anyone can give some advise would be great!

That split pipe is a common issue & yes it would cause the issue you state.

Your 05 plate MAY have a vacuum controlled E.G.R.V. ( no electrical connections ) , in which case I'd blank it a.s.a.p.

Would the split pipe cause the smoke/rough idle?

Yes it could - so could a iffy E.G.R.V.

• Like 1

I will go ahead and buy a blanking plate, will 2 plated be needed or just the 1? as seen some threads regarding blanking off in 2 locations with 3mm thickness

Just one 3mm solid plate between the E.G.R.V. & the recirculated exhaust inlet to the E.G.R.V. will be fine & fix the split pipe too & then see how she runs ?

Ideal.

Bought the pipe should be here tomorrow. aswell as the egr blank off, will see how i get on.

Maybe, maybe not - do the cheap / easy fixes first eh ?

will do. see some posts about genuine fuel filters? the one on the car at the moment is aftermarket. would you suggest changing?

Yes I would. Mann & Hummel are good or Delphi or Ford O.E.M.

I'd also change oil & filter & air filter if not done very recently.

what would cause that? engine wear? high mileage (167k)

It could be wear any wear from valve oil stem seals to piston rings, your mileage is not that high my mk 3 did 187k never burnt oil, very hard to do a long distance diagnoses

Just had the EGR valve blanking plate arrive, fitted just want to confirm with you guys ive fitted it in the right place

thanks all

Yes, that's the right place.

Seems to be pulling off better with the egr blocked, bit faster acceleration.

still loud from start up, not as much smoke as before.

waiting on the pipe to arrive.

revs are still bouncing, like its running on 3.

• Like 1

Remember to plug the E.G.R.V. vacuum pipe with a bolt or similar :)

Would a screw suit? thanks

I don't know anything about injectors - sorry - anything that will snugly plug the vacuum pipe will suffice ( preferably removable )

Pipe fitted and the power is there, very quick car.

still the puff of smoke at start up and the rough idle from cold, once heated up she purrs like a beauty

The small puff of smoke is commonplace - rough idle could be M.A.F. sensor ? - remove & clean VERY carefully with electrical contact cleaner & cotton wool bud & see if there's any difference in the idle.

Regarding this got it plugged in today and it shows

P2288

Is this a common problem, would this flagged up when the egr to intercooler pipe was split

P2288 - could be a few things . . . How long since the fuel filter's been changed ?

Have you cleaned the M.A.F. sensor ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club