Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Sat Nav (Europe)

Midlandsfordowner

Hey guys, I have a 2009 ford focus with a travelpilot fx sat nav system. I was wondering whether I can get a european map. I know eBay sell it was wondering if there was any maps lurking around on the dark part of the web. Also, is there any issues that may be sustained form using a not so genuine copy of the said map?

Thanks in advance.

Only original SD cards with map material can be used on the Travelpilot FX. The copy protection of the Travelpilot FX maps is very good. Until now it is not possible to copy these maps. Every original SD card has a unique serial number. This serial number is also encrypted embedded in the map file. A normal SD card (to copy the map files onto) does not have the correct serial number and does not work.

Original SD cards with map material can be bought from Ford or directly from tomtom. tomtom is the owner of TeleAtlas which is the designer and supplier of the map material of this system. In many countries Ford offers the SD card with the Europe + Turkey maps with a large discount. In the Netherlands the Europe + Turkey SD-card costs €99,-. Combined with a scheduled service the SD card can be bought even cheaper.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club