Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking Issue Please Help

oneillchris

Hi all, ive bit of an issue with the central locking on my 2000 1.4 focus. I dont have key fob since I bought the car, when I use the key all the doors will lock no problem but, won't unlock, the key will only unlock the door I use it on.

I've tried the renound fuse 63 and was perfect, I tryd the central locking test by pressing the door latch switch 6 times within the eight seconds with the key out of the ignition, with it in the ignition, then with the ignition on, and then the car starting but notin happened either way,

Could Any one shed any light on the issue am I missing something? Don't know what's next, thanks for taking the time to read any info or ideas I would appreciate them

Cheers :)

You need a remote fob with the remote you can set it to unlock all doors with a press or just the drivers door this is what was done and without the remote you can only unlock the drivers door you could try turning the key to open in the drivers door twice so turn to open then turn to open again and see if it unlocks all doors

on my old focus it was a 1.6 zetec 2001 and when i looked into my central locking playing up it is common in focus for the central locking to starting going wrong 57 pound for ford to find out what is wrong and then the sky's the limit for them to repair in my case it wasn't worth it cause a week later the engine died and now it is a banger racer. only thing i will say is that when you use the key it will wear out and then youll have to pay for a new key and they have to send it off so u can get the right key etc what happened to the key pob or maybe look into getting a new 1 or putting on in on your own will save you time and money

Thanks for the replys, ye I tryd the double turn but still didn't do the trick even tryd turning it and holdin for a sec but still notin, how would I go about getin a key fob with out goin to Ford and would I get it to work is it a big job??, I've only the one key and it's getin a lot of use and as mentioned I can see it breaking or simply wearing out, thanks for takin the time to read and reply, it's appreciated,

Cheers

Oh and when I bought the car there wasn't a key fob previous owner must of lost it, I have a Ford key exact same cutting as mine could I programe that but the funny thing is its the same key but won't open anything on the car not the petrol cap, bonnet or doors or even turn In the ignitiron even tho it's the same I know it wouldn't start the car cause the chipped for the ecu

Look about but don't think other then ford anywhere else will do them

You can buy a kit on amazon that does the same job so to save your ford key wearing out or breaking

New remote key from an auto locksmith is £110 total

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club