Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Sync 3 Coming Soon - Drop In Upgrade?

Well Spoken Waffle

ford just announced their ford sync 3 system for the american spec fiesta - there's been a few people asking about touch screen systems with built in navigation, and this option seems like the best coming out there. but do you think ford will offer this as a drop in upgrade like the DAB radio you can get from ford accessories direct?

if so, it looks like a worth while upgrade

It's very likely that this will come with the new fiesta in the USA. Which will probably mean we'll get sync2 as we seem to be one step behind on UK spec cars.

• Like 1

It's very likely that this will come with the new fiesta in the USA. Which will probably mean we'll get sync2 as we seem to be one step behind on UK spec cars.

You're probably right, I don't know why they do this though. They were going on about "the car is the same in every country", except they don't want to give us the latest Sync for some reason. Also the UK is a much bigger market for the Fiesta than the US, so it looks like it's just Ford giving preference to their home country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fiesta#Sales_and_popularity

I have looked at the new Sync3 on youtube, looks quite smart, but still feel Ford are selling themselves short with the App integration they could do a lot more if they wanted too, I doubt it will be an upgrade option, as above it will be on New models, and the bluetooth interface will be different.

By the looks of it there saving the full app integration for when they make it compatible with Apple CarPlay and android auto. It still makes wonder why where always 2years behind the American spec cars though as there getting it this year and it looks like where getting sync2 with the new fiesta according to what I can find on the Internet.

• 8 months later...

I've been in touch with Ford and asked if Ford Touch Sync 2 will be available for the Fiesta , they said "NO". They not only have in north America but also South America (Brazil, Venezuela ,Colombia, etc ) but not any time soon in Europe. I was hoping to order a Titanium X this March (don't know what size or type of screen comes with the Sony option) Does anybody Know what the options are?

4.2" TFT as standard, or 5" with Sat Nav iirc.

You'll not see Sync 2 or 3 until the Mk8 Fiesta.

59 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

4.2" TFT as standard, or 5" with Sat Nav iirc.

You'll not see Sync 2 or 3 until the Mk8 Fiesta.

I'm still amazed by this - I was in a Friends Clio which was cheaper, 13 plate (mines 64) and similar spec however this had a much better touch screen for radio/BT etc where as mine is left with all the buttons. It all does the same, just doesnt look as nice.....The polo's also have the new touchscreen so I am surprised they are not trying to push this into the Fiestas. Although I guess they are going to have a big upgrade on the dash to accommodate this in the MK8....

Cars from each manufacturer are not all released in the same year.

The current Fiesta is coming to the end of it's life, the current Clio is much newer.

19 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Cars from each manufacturer are not all released in the same year.

The current Fiesta is coming to the end of it's life, the current Clio is much newer.

I didn't think about that, I was just thinking of build date :p. Although surely they could have put it in mk7.5? I suppose the only difference on the car is front bumper though.

Any idea when new one is out? 

6-12 months after you see it at a trade show. I would imagine it will be available next year sometime.

I agree- my other half just got a c1. 

The dash is nice and the touch screen element has a huge plus. 

I was recently in a corsa which also had this in.

Id be happy if the new fiesta had touch 3 and a similar display to the focus in the dials as the current one is kinda old! 

I would expect the next one will launch with Sync 3 availability.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club