Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune On 100ps?

ElliottWoodruff

Hey Guys

Originally bought the 100ps as I wasn't bothered about speed and just wanted a good town car...

However with reading up on increased mpg/throttle responce and overall performance I now want to re-map the old girl.

Its a 2015 titanium 1.0 100ps

Now mountune say that the kit will only work on a 125ps model, is this really the case considering that the engine and all mechanical parts are the same?

Really trying to avoid alternative providers as the warrenty (and lower tunning) appleals to me.

Thanks all

Mountune definitely won't work on the 100bhp version :(

Your only option is the non warranty maps im afraid Elliott.

Bluefin from Superchips is a very good mapping company which caters for the 100bhp and gives an extra 40ish bhp

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/search?make=9&fueltype=3&model=1&variant=2866

• Like 1

Bluefin on my 100hp focus works fine.and you can uninstall at any time.

Bugger

May just leave it in that case, not really a fan of these higher power tunes I think they push the engine to hard for regualr use.

135 was verging on high but Ive now ive seen a 165 one, which imo is a crazy risk on a stock 1.0 lump

Elliott Bud
The 100ps and the 125ps are the same engine just the 125ps is a different remap and a cant remember but think the gear ratios are slightly different but thats all :)

Ford even brought out a R2 (rally car) with 1.0 ecoboost engine on it to 170ps and say it will run fine too
The Bluefin for the 100ps engine will take it too 137BHP (not ps) but remember even though ur car is 100ps its really not because it has overboost already means ur car is doing 112BHP already!

so by getting the bluefin its only increasing the power by roughly 22% which isnt that bad 2bh :) can put it on and take it off when you want and bluefin has a 1year warranty too :)
post-50202-0-50236500-1436440742_thumb.p

• Like 1

Overboost is a temporary, time restricted output.

Overboost is a temporary, time restricted output.

Yeah but shows that the engine is handling more than just 100ps :)

Ps mate ur making me jealous a love ur car! Titanium X sport too beautiful

• Like 1

I think the 100 doesn't have overboost but the rest is the same or similar.

But thats for the Focus?

IIRC the fiesta 100ps does still have overboost but a lower down tune which is why the power is reduced.

I've ended up looking at these spider kits as for the money they seem to the job pretty well.

Just need to speak to them first before I take the plunge

A would say get a second hand bluefin for cheap then send it down costs 240 for the remap then it's urs mate for cheaper

i believe (other than possible differences with the turbo) the only difference between the 100ps and 125ps cars is overboost

But thats for the Focus?

IIRC the fiesta 100ps does still have overboost but a lower down tune which is why the power is reduced.

I've ended up looking at these spider kits as for the money they seem to the job pretty well.

The Fiesta brochure also has the same figures.. no overboost for the 100ps version.

• 1 year later...
On 09/07/2015 at 4:44 PM, ElliottWoodruff said:

But thats for the Focus?

On 09/07/2015 at 9:41 PM, dfriel2 said:

The Fiesta brochure also has the same figures.. no overboost for the 100ps version.

I did a 0-62 test on my 100ps mainly out of boredom and I wanted to test the OBD app I had. my 100ps put out 116BHP during the test...according to the app. would that be overboost?

Those apps aren't 100% accurate. As said the 100ps definitely dosent have overboost which would give you more tourque anyway not BHP

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club