Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Phone Only When Radio Is On???

alexbobspoons

Hi (First post)

So proud owner this week of a Focus 1.0 EcoBoost Vetech 2012 model and loving it (Formerly owner of Focus 1.4CL 2002).

The bluetooth phone only seems to work when the audio system (CD, Radio, Aux etc) is switched on is this right??

In my head a little voice says this makes sense because it needs to use the Speakers and such so the audio system must be switched on, however the manual says that bluetooth automatically connects when the ignition is switched on, which it doesnt.

I dont believe this is the full Ford-Sync, rather it is the Bluetooth-with-voice-control system (Which I suspect is a little older tech).

The phone (Samsung S4 mini) paired perfectly well with the instructions and will play music via bluetooth and use all phone functions perfectly while audio is switched on, but if I press the off button and switch the audio/radio off, the bluetooth dash light vanishes and the phone loses its connection in its bluetooth list. Similarly, if I have bluetooth activated on the phone and the ignition is switched on... nothing, yet the minute I turn on the radio or CD or aux etc the phone bluetooth automatically connects and the little bluetooth light pops on the dashboard.... all sorted. So its certainly remembering the pairing.

So, should it switch on with the ignition like the manual says?? (Manual is very generic in many places so hard to tell if its for all models).

Its not a problem to switch on if you want to call out but it seems a bit funny that if you want bluetooth connected just in-case you get an incoming call you must thus have to listen to the radio/cd etc to be able to have this function activated and "ready" (In theory I could just set audio to AUX-line-in with no device connected so that my audio system is switched on but thus quiet, yet this seems a bit of a daft workaround).

So I thought I would ask here to all people who really know their stuff to see if this is right or if I have missed a setup option somewhere.

Like I say, bluetooth audio works perfect and bluetooth phone does also IF the audio system is switched on, so this isnt like most of the bluetooth problems I have searched and read on here.

Thank you for your time in reading my post and thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers

Alex

My 2012 was the same as this, just pop the radio on mute but then the Bluetooth is connected

Thanks very much good to know.

When you say mute, is there a mute function or just wind the vol down?

Thanks again!

I use to just wind the volume down to 0, can't remember if their was a mute button sorry!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I use to just wind the volume down to 0, can't remember if their was a mute button sorry!

Thank you very much for your time :) appreciated.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club