Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Airbag Light On Because Of New Seats

Megatron271

Hello everyone! Does anyone know if there is some sort of Airbag simulator for the seat connector in the MK2 Focus? Because after I installed new bucketseats the airbag light is on. The original seats had airbags in them etc.

Hi

Yes you cars supplementary restraint system (srs) is looking for the air bags in the seats.

As your car no longer has any airbags in the seats the system has a open circuit so the airbag warning light has stayed on

You need to put a resistor in to the plug under yours seats

You can get them from eBay

Good luck

Ah okej, thanks. Do you know the exact resitor and do you possibly have a link for it?

Hi

I have been told at work that if you get a couple of resistors for say your air bag it will be the same for your seats.

The system is looking for the same resistance on all the devices.

I did a search on eBay you could take a look at this item 251652959078

It show how you can put it in to the plug

Hi

I have been told at work that if you get a couple of resistors for say your air bag it will be the same for your seats.

The system is looking for the same resistance on all the devices.

I did a search on eBay you could take a look at this item 251652959078

It show how you can put it in to the plug

OK, thanks for the help, I will try one of these and hope for it to work :)

Hi

I have just had another thought. You may have a problem with the passenger seat as on your car there is a pressure sensor under the seat for the seat belt warning system not to sure if that will effect you hope not.

Hi

I have just had another thought. You may have a problem with the passenger seat as on your car there is a pressure sensor under the seat for the seat belt warning system not to sure if that will effect you hope not.

Hi again, I got the bypass resistor today and I am going to try it, but I wonder if you know which cable it is for the airbag? the connector under the seat received 3 cables from the seat itself, so 1 of them it is, but which? :) I can just try which it is but I want to know for sure.

Hello

Are you saying that none of the wired are connected to the seats

Okey, it has been solved. With the bypass resitor you found on eBay ( item 251652959078 ) it solved the problem with the airbag light. You put it in the spot where the yellow cable were! Thanks alot!! :D

post-39720-144543742307_thumb.jpg

Okey, now when I see the picture I uploaded, I see that the cable to the right side of the resistor, looks very yellow. This is not the spot I was talking about. That yellow cable you see on the picture is orange in real life, my phone camera didn't pick up the right color, my bad :)

Hello

Are you saying that none of the wired are connected to the seats

Thank you for the help! :)

Hi Mate

Just happy to help. It makes these forums all the more worth while

• 1 year later...
Hello guys, I'm sorry rewrite of an old  topic, but I have exactly the same problem. I put on my focus mk2, the seats of the mk2.5, and the air bag light came on. I bought the resistance of which you spoke, and I entered into the jack in place of the yellow pad, so that it remains detached and hanging. But the warning light stays on ... I've done something wrong or I have to do? The plug car-side must remain disconnected from the seat?
Thank You for the help

Thank

Are you sure you have the correct resistor in place and is it fully pushed home. The only thing is the mk 2.5 seats should have its own air bag in the seat 

Thank You for the reply :)

Yes, the mk2 seats have different air bag, so i think that  they are not recognized from the air bag ecu.

From the black plug I have unplugged the yellow cable, and inserted the resistor in that place.

Then, I have to reconnect the black plug sets-side to the black plug car-side, isn't it?

May I have to delete the error by elm cable and forscan?

Hello 

yes your right the resistor simulates the airbags inbuilt resistance so the system thinks it is place. You may need to clear the fault code by using the elm cable and forscan 

I try to delete the DTC's, but the light turns off only for a few seconds...
The error codes are:

B1877-FO
BI881-FO

They said: The resistance of the belt tensioner is too high.

What can I do? :(
The black block with all wires connected (from the seat), has to remain conneceted to black block of the car?

There may be other differences between the wires of the 2005 and the 2009?

If I disconnect the entire plug, and  leave the resistence inside the plug car-side, as you do with sport seats? I know that the airbags would not work,,

These DTC code are usually caused by activated seat belt tensioners. Seat belt tensioners contain explosives to tension the seatbelts in case of an accident. After the seat belt tensioners are activated they have to be replaced.

Personally i would start with changing the seat belt tensioners. You can use the seat belt tensioners from the original seats.

All Focus MK2/MK2.5 seat airbags and seat belt tensioners are interchangeable. The resistances of the airbags and seat belt tensioners are identical. When MK2.5 seats are installed into a MK2 (or vice versa) there is no need to use resistors or airbag simulators.

Many thanks for the perfect explanation JW1982 :)
As i soon i get the car check for the revision, while there is another way to turn off the light and the dtc's, peraphs with resistances?

Didn't know what the codes meant

when this thread was started the member had changed his original seats with airbags to a bucket seat with out airbags so he needed to squib or fool the system in thinking it had a airbag in it. If this member had bought a set of seats and the belt pretensions have been deployed then you are right he will need to exchange the seat belt pretensions as I had to do to mine when I changed mine for the tictoc with the red inset 

Many thanks for the perfect explanation JW1982 :)
As i soon i get the car check for the revision, while there is another way to turn off the light and the dtc's, peraphs with resistances?

Both the airbags and seat belt tensioners can be replaced by resistors. If I remember correctly they all have the same resistance.

You are probably right but I think I would still exchange the ones out of the old seats just to be on the safe side but you could just try and swap over the resistor to see if the light on the dash goes out until you get the time to remove the front seats

Thanks for the quick response :)
Yes, for a safety issue of course I'll change them.
What interests me now is to pass the revision that i have to do soon..
So the resistance is the same. The yellow wire is for the airbag, while for the tensioner? 

not to sure just looked on eBay and the seat belt pretensions have to sets of wires one for the pretentious pyrotechnics and one for the seat belt switch to tell the system that you have buckled up it could be the other yellow but it may be better to either chance back the wires or just change the seat belt. Good luck mate 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club