Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Apparently My Eyes Aren't That Bad...

jmurray01

For the past few years I've found myself squinting to read anything further than arms length, however after an eye test this morning it seems my eyes are only in need of minor correction and I am actually to a safe standard (barely) for driving, which I didn't think I was truth be told.

Now I just need to get the money together for glasses!

Happy days...

The legal minimum isn't clear enough imo.

Arms length is loads more than I can see though, lol. I can only see less than 12 inches in front of my face before it falls out of focus.

• Like 1

im 27 and up until roughly 1.5 years ago I have never had glasses. Started working for a company that offered eye test/ money off for glasses so went and low and behold I need glasses!

I have a small prescription for my distance but I have eyes which are a dodgy shape and as such cant focus.

I now wear contacts though which are much easier,

• Like 1

im 27 and up until roughly 1.5 years ago I have never had glasses. Started working for a company that offered eye test/ money off for glasses so went and low and behold I need glasses!

I have a small prescription for my distance but I have eyes which are a dodgy shape and as such cant focus.

I now wear contacts though which are much easier,

Sounds like you are like me and have Astigmastism (sp?) means your eyes are ruby ball shaped rather than round hence you can't focus on things in the distance just like me, however I treally had not realised how much I struggled until recently and had them tested and now wear glasses.

For the past few years I've found myself squinting to read anything further than arms length, however after an eye test this morning it seems my eyes are only in need of minor correction and I am actually to a safe standard (barely) for driving, which I didn't think I was truth be told.

Now I just need to get the money together for glasses!

Happy days...

Specsavers are pretty decent, good range of cheap and "designer" glasses starting from £69 a pair and they are buy one get one free so you get two pairs for the price of one.

Not to mention they usually give you a free 50% off voucher for any other pairs you buy for 6 months for you or a friend.

I have been very happy with Specsavers myself others may not agree but I can't fault my local branch.

Maybe your spelling will improve too then Simon ? ;) JK

Nah, my spelling will always be rubbish not too mention using the correct words in the correct context lol I generally try to be as legible and use the correct grammar and words but I am only human, and quite frankly can't be bothered most the time lol I only actually managed to add an extra s in somehow so had I not done that I would have spelt it right lol

astigmatism
əˈstɪɡmətɪz(ə)m/
noun
  1. a defect in the eye or in a lens caused by a deviation from spherical curvature, which results in distorted images, as light rays are prevented from meeting at a common focus.
  • Like 1

I wear glass jars for specs, even the skinny versions I get are still thick as anything!

I wear glass jars for specs, even the skinny versions I get are still thick as anything!

Contacts not an option?

One of my ex brother's-in-law used to have his glasses lenses specially made in Germany because he was so short sighted his lenses would have been about a half inch thick.

About 5 years back he had a laser procedure done and is now glasses free.

I'm 35 and had to wear glasses for the last 2 years, just for driving. And it's my left eye, right eye is near enough normal lol :)

I have astigmatism and didn't think contacts where viable but I will likely consider a trial since its free.

As for the half inch, I can't even get my specs online anymore the prescription is so strong I have to have it done at a high street

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club