Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking Sensors Advice/problem

Addyshan

I've got a mk7 titanium with the rear parking sensors. I don't think they work when I put the car in reverse it beeps once and that's it. I reversed back close towards a car no sound at all. I fought with the parking aid that when I put it in reverse there is a consistent which would beep faster the closer I got to the object behind is that right.

Once the sensor detects something behind the car it beeps faster the closer you get to the object.

If it goes 'crunch' its too close, it should start beeping as you move closer to something behind you, how close are you getting? Might be worth double checking the wiring to the system.

Ign on , engine off, select reverse and walk up to each sensor in turn and listen if each or any bleeps , easier to listen with boot open

Only got the car from the ford dealer yesterday. No I've been reversing up to a parked car very close no sound at all I've cleaned the sensors as its raining. I will walk up and check each sensor, can I just put my hand close to each sensor to see if it works. I think it will be for the dealer to sort out as I'm not messing about with wiring. I fought it would be the case if I got closer it a object it would start beeping faster. Was only asking because I fought there might some sort of setting in the car I may have accidentally turned off.

Yes. If you have just got the car from a dealer then if it's broken it's up to them to fix under the sale of goods act.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club