• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 carnut1980

carnut1980

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: 1996 fiesta 1.25 ghia
Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:49 PM

which code reader should i buy for this car?? the glow plug light flashes on and the car lacks power, idles a bit lumpy too. Might have an injector out, but as i like tinkering with cars and buy and sell a few i need a code reader anyway, just one that will also read the ecu on my 02 tdci 130 mondeo. Dont really want to spend any more than 100 and im not familiar with the OBD, OBDII stuff. What does that mean?
Any advice?
cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,757 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:40 PM

which code reader should i buy for this car?? the glow plug light flashes on and the car lacks power, idles a bit lumpy too. Might have an injector out, but as i like tinkering with cars and buy and sell a few i need a code reader anyway, just one that will also read the ecu on my 02 tdci 130 mondeo. Dont really want to spend any more than 100 and im not familiar with the OBD, OBDII stuff. What does that mean?
Any advice?
cheers

a very popular and very good code reader for the money is the U581. see here - http://cgi.ebay.co.u...id=p3911.c0.m14

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users