• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jo g sh

jo g sh

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Ford Model: ford fiesta
Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:13 PM

Hi all, my nephew has just bought a 52 focus but the radio is locked, i need the code if any one can help the serial number is M 286406. Also if the radio is locked would he need to leave the radio on for a hour to unlock it , Thanks for any help

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Danno7

Danno7

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec
Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:12 PM

Try 7554

#3 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:21 PM

is it locked 10 or locked 13, if ots locked 10 there is a sequence you can go through to enable 3 more attempts at entering the code a quick search on the net and you should find this, if its locked 13 back to the dealers.

#4 jo g sh

jo g sh

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:58 PM

Hi thanks for the replies. The plot thickings i found a link on how to unlock (locked 10) the radio but it says use the red key. The only keys he got with the car were a blue key and a remote key with no colour , i tried both keys in the ignition but it was unsucessful. So my next question is how many keys should there be with the car, again thanks for any help

#5 jo g sh

jo g sh

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:02 AM

Doing more search on how to unlock a locked 10 radio 4000, i found a other link on how to unlock it i will try it tonight and see how i get on,

#6 jo g sh

jo g sh

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:17 PM

Thanks guys both your suggestions worked unfortunately the radio seems knackerd the volume button doesnt work, but thanks anyway

#7 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,115 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:41 PM

Thanks guys both your suggestions worked unfortunately the radio seems knackerd the volume button doesnt work, but thanks anyway

for a 2000- focus 2 keys the remote key and a blue chip key which is a newer version than the old red key set up the blue one is for reprogramming the ecu it holds all the info on it so having a spare is always a good idea but 2 keys

#8 jo g sh

jo g sh

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:55 PM

Thanks artscot79 for the info about the keys, ive found another few things about the car since he bought it, The n/s/f dipped headlight bulb has gone when I went to change it I removed the headlight and found these pins holding the silver reflector in place, looks like they are there to aim the reflector beam as the headlight hasn't got a motor for the beam, the headlight has been changed at some point and I wonder if there was a focus model which came without the motorised beam as the o/s/f headlight has a motor fitted to it .

Attached Thumbnails

• pins.jpg
  • headlight.jpg

#9 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,115 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:25 PM

Thanks artscot79 for the info about the keys, ive found another few things about the car since he bought it, The n/s/f dipped headlight bulb has gone when I went to change it I removed the headlight and found these pins holding the silver reflector in place, looks like they are there to aim the reflector beam as the headlight hasn't got a motor for the beam, the headlight has been changed at some point and I wonder if there was a focus model which came without the motorised beam as the o/s/f headlight has a motor fitted to it .

i8 think the very basic models came without ide go to a scrappy and get the motorised one and put it in the clips are to adjust the headlight reflector so a t some point hes replaced that light

#10 jo g sh

jo g sh

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:52 PM

i8 think the very basic models came without ide go to a scrappy and get the motorised one and put it in the clips are to adjust the headlight reflector so a t some point hes replaced that light

i was going to go today to a scrappy but it was to wet lol.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users