Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stop/Start not working 2015 red edition.

i2

I'm having a problem with my stop/start motor in my car.

The button now does nothing, the car never engages the stop/start mode.

Now my car requires the clutch AND brake to be depressed to start the engine.

I'm thinking possibly a fuse as the time I turned the ignition on and it stopped working, the radio also reset and had to restore the settings of the vehicle.

If it could be a fuse could anyone tell me which one? as the ford dealership forgot to give me a service guide/owners handbook for the car and say they will get one for me next time i'm due a service, which i'm not really over the moon over.

Thanks

Stop/start will not work if the battery is low.

If the radio/clock reset then it sounds as flat as a pancake.

Unless you know you've been doing stuff to flatten the battery, I'd get it tested.

Yeah it wont be the case of a flat battery, had only left the car for 5 minutes, maybe i've just got a lemon of a stop/start so i'll have to remove my bluefin and take it to ford.

Not that I ever use the feature as i'm not keen on it but if it can be fixed under warranty then might as well get it done.

cheers

Have you got the AC or heating fan on when you're trying to get start/stop to kick in? 

The dealership I bought my Red Edition from mentioned that they had one of five sold back with a stop/start issue. The Irish variant is slightly different to the U.K. variant but I'd imagine it's something worth checking with the dealership, especially under warranty.

Have you got the AC or heating fan on when you're trying to get start/stop to kick in? 

Doesn't make a difference, I've not once had an issue with stop/start whilst using AC and the fan on 2 :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Had trouble with stop/start when I bought my Fiesta.   Took it on a long run to charge the battery and, after that, it worked fine.   Just got back from a weeks hloiday abroad nd it's not working again so I guess the battery needs charging again.

I'd love to know how to turn it off, permanently 😆

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Willy said:

I'd love to know how to turn it off, permanently 😆

I don't have one so I may be clutching at straws here but can't you just pull the fuse? That should work 😜

7 minutes ago, Pullock said:

I don't have one so I may be clutching at straws here but can't you just pull the fuse? That should work 😜

You pull out the starter motor fuse and you won't get very far in the morning. Lol.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

You pull out the starter motor fuse and you won't get very far in the morning. Lol.

I thought it might of had a separate fuse for the start/stop guess I didn't think that through did I, oops.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/05/2016 at 10:41 AM, Bobr said:

Had trouble with stop/start when I bought my Fiesta.   Took it on a long run to charge the battery and, after that, it worked fine.   Just got back from a weeks holiday abroad and it's not working again so I guess the battery needs charging again.

Hasn't worked since so it's booked into the Ford dealer I bought it from.

willy, i bet a relay ro something could be wired between the ignition and the on off button. make it think its been pressed from the word go

Spent 2 years looking into this and the only possible way is for Ford to turn it off via IDS. This however isn't confirmed 

• Like 1

The stop start doesn't work on my car either.  There is that many stipulations to get it to work in the first place.  It's only annoying because it's on the car so I want it to work.  But saying that, when it worked when I Got the car.  IT would cut out immediately when I pulled up at home & work yet if I was stuck at the traffic lights/in traffic it wouldn't do it 

I thought that it would only work if the battery was in good condition i.e over say 70% charged.

If it was getting low then it would disable the function so that if you stopped at lights,it had enough to restart the engine & not just leave you there stuck.

Also, arnt they special batterys on Stop/Start?

(if its under warranty,just take it in)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club