Do Not Sell My Personal Information

dump valve sound

Boostjunky

Does anyone know off the dump valve on the ecoboost engine can be closed off to create the flutter sound?

The ecoboost doesn't have a dump valve. It is a recirculation valve, so the bit of noise you hear is pressure being released back in to the intake, before the turbo.

If you want more noise out of it, you are better off getting an induction kit. Mountune do one which won't affect your warranty. Just avoid the kits which are open under the bonnet, the ecoboost engines run hot and the turbo is at the front right near the air box on the 1.0.

• Like 2

Ok thanks. What if you close off the recirculating valve?

You'd get no sound at all and over speed the turbo. It has to have some sort of pressure release.

You might be able to get aftermarket ones which dump some to atmosphere and some to intake, which would create more noise but I don't know how they'd affect the engine.

It's going to sound a bit halfords/McDs car park if it's too loud anyway, lol. Better to try and enhance the whole induction noise IMO. It makes a lovely growl the 3 pot, sounds better than my ST, haha.

• Like 2

Yeah I don't want it to sound too chavtastic, just love that turbo flutter sound. 

this is the recirc valve.dont unplug or block.

2015-11-12 10.18.54.jpg

2015-11-12 10.20.18.jpg

• Like 1

AS induction kit.

£150 posted

Comes with a heat shield & Cold air ducting

Quiet at low revs, sounds amazing for a 3 cyclinder after 3.5k

The recirc between 2.2k & 4k is much louder than it was & after that you can't really hear it due to the engine itself

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club