Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The new 2018 Ford Fiesta.

SpannerTheCat

Just seen this http://www.carscoops.com/2016/06/new-gen-2018-ford-fiesta-scooped-for.html, did i miss the 2017 model? Very heavily camouflaged pictures & much improved interior trim reported so hopefully it will be competitiely priced for the UK. As there is a Hybrid/Electric Focus will the Fiesta also have it?  

The new shape looks hidious...

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 2

Hmm it's very punto y. Lol

• Like 1

At least that horrible black cover won't be on all of them, if you look at the shape of the bumper through it I think it looks quite nice :smile:

Okay I take everything back... Looks like a mix between a Focus and a C-Max?

Ford wtf have you done :mellow:

ford_fiesta_watermarked.jpg

• Like 1

I will stick to mk 7.5 😂😂

• Like 2

It doesn't look like the autoexpress artist impression, which is a good thing.

Seems a bit more squat than the MK7 pictured behind it.

Looks a bit more grown up and like a scaled down Focus.

I always felt the MK7 had the proportions of a running shoe, lol.

Hopefully the underpinnings are as good or better than the Mk7.

Well that's disappointing, looks too big and Focussy now. :sad:

• Like 1

What's bothering me is the price is going up. Theyre forcing people to get the new ka+  

• Like 2

I think everyone is looking at it all the wrong way, they're likely going to be making more changes to the body and once it's all painted one colour it will look great. Would like a Fiesta again but as Alex said it's a running shoe an old running shoe.

Good find that article 

It's always hard to tell at this point but I like the current shape of the Focus ST, so if the new Fiesta looks anything close from the rear especially it will be nice hopefully 

Well the picture my friend shared on FB it looks hideous, looks like something by fix it again tomorrow .  I think they're milking it a bit now, the same with the Vw Golf 8.  Need new models/names now I think.   

• Like 1

Why do car manufacturers always make cars bigger over time ? For example the new VW Polo is bigger than the old MKIII Golf and that cute Fiat 500 which gets bigger & bigger.... I mean ''GO LARGE'' who thought of that a fast food fat git.

• Like 1

So mixed reactions to it,personally i don't like the changes to the rear lights. No doubt Ford have had worldwide customer clinics that will help to form the final changes,maybe even take on board comments made about the leaked pictures above? I'm old enough to remember when the 'Jelly Mold' Sierra first came out & it was slated but everyone soon got used to it. 

The bog standard ones will look nothing special but as always the ST with the larger wheels and spoilers etc will no doubt look smart 

• Like 1

Until the so called 'ST Line' range comes.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Cars have to get bigger because of the idiots that can't tell the difference between the path and the road... :tongue:  One of the worst things to have happened for car styling is this high front that they now all have for impact protection. :sad: 

Plus all of the safety stuff that goes on inside takes up considerably more space now compared to say an old Polo where your knees were the crumple zone and your nose was the airbag. :laugh: 

I don't have a problem with cars getting bigger on the outside, what annoys me is that they somehow make them like a  reverse tardis, huge outside but cramped with no rear space or boot inside! :unsure: 

• Like 1

I read that the following is happening -

• Slightly Wider Track
  • Same Chassis
  • New Interior, getting rid of that soft material on the dash
  • Improved interior build quality
  • More upmarket 'Gadgets' including new Touch Screen to replace the current display
  • More 'Big Car' features
  • Moving Fiesta more upmarket and raising base price bringing it more in line with the Focus / Mondeo (Their prices will also rise)
  • Ford Ka will be redesigned and improved to sit where the fiesta currently sits

To me it looks like they've taken the front of the new mondeo and the rear of the new focus and slapped them together.

next thing you know you wont be able to get a 3 door version anymore

• Like 2

Until the so called 'ST Line' range comes.

Sent from my SM-G930F

*Cough* zetec s *cough*

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SpannerTheCat said:

I'm old enough to remember when the 'Jelly Mold' Sierra first came out & it was slated but everyone soon got used to it. 

Same here! and remember a neighbour getting a white one and thinking how weird but everyone loved its shape, he incurred a fault with the car within a week! The door mirrors used to fold in on there own at high speeds....lol

I do like the shape of the new Fiesta mirrors! I'd be well tempted to see if they would fit the old fiesta.

Well what can you say,i wont be rushing to get one,when this comes out it has gave the corsa a head start.

One plus side is some nice cheap MK 7.5 out there when it does come out on sale,makes you think......Come on ford get the thinking caps on again.

• Like 1

To be fair, when the Mk7 was released I hated the look of it. It grew on me over time and I ended up buying one haha

I rarely like the pre-facelift Fords tbf (no offence intended, just personal preference!), does make we wonder if they design a facelift and them make it a bit worse to start with lol...

The new tax regs will also play a part in the size now I've thought about it more...  Keep a car small and light and it gets low emissions for a cheap tax band currently, from next March all cars will pay the same tax (after the first year) so it really doesn't matter any more, might as well have a bigger car and pump out more crap for your money. :wink: 

• Like 1

I think with the pre facelifts most of the work goes in to the engineering and packaging. Then the facelift smartens up the design and fixes little niggles.

I've always preferred the facelifts too and my current plan is to not change my car until the FL MK4 ST comes out.  I opted for a 5yr warranty on mine to keep me going but I know what I'm like, lol.

Either that or the FL Fiesta Mk8 ST if it rides better than the mk7. Hard to know for sure as circumstances change. Maybe my next car won't be a Ford at all....

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club