Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Manual Transmission Oil - Any Suggestions

Syan

Hello, hows it going? :D

Got a question relating to transmission oil change on me Ka, the car is on 107k miles and as far as I know, the transmission oil has not been done yet.

Shall I go for it, or is it not worth the effort? The gears seem to be hard to change sometimes.

Thanks!

its an easy job to do so you mayaswell do it. as for the gear change being hard to change that maybe the clutch on its way out or the thrust bearing that pushes toh clutch plate. if thats had it then change both at the same time also check if you have enough fluid in the clutch/brake resivior

Would do it myself if I had a place to do it.

As for the clutch, its bitting below 1/2 point. Fluid is topped up and looks clear :D But does make does depressed on neutral.

Usually, if the gearchange is particularly bad cold (on start up, in cold weather), then it is often the oil, and worth doing. If it isn't worse cold, then a bit more doubtful.

Is this Ka the 2006 (by which time Ford were generally using better gb oil than, say, the earliest the Ka's and so oil changes were generally less pressing at low mileages in these later cars) of your sig?

The car was first registered in November 2006 - its worse cold.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club