Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashboard Compartment Lid

richie19rich77

Hi All,

I have a 09 Titanium but the dashboard top compartment lid lock is broken, sounds like it is a common problem.  I am hoping to repair it but does anyone have any pictures of the part that fits into the push down lock?  Looks like something has snapped off of it, I took the push down lock apart and could not find the broken off part in there.

I have tried looking on google images but I cannot find a close up picture to show what the actual clip part looks like.

Thanks

WP_20161015_14_55_02_Pro.jpg

WP_20161015_14_54_54_Pro.jpg

The latch should look like this:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor focus 2 dashboard klep haakje

A broken latch is a common problem of the Focus MK2/MK2.5 dashboard storage compartment. The springs of the compartment are relatively strong and apply a constant force on the latch when the compartment is closed. My experience is that repair of the latch using glue will not work. The lid of the storage compartment is avalable as a spare part but will cost about €80,-. Instead of a new lid many people choose to remove the spring of the lid and leave the storage compartment closed. 

Thanks JW, I will try and look for a replacement lid at a breakers yard.  Or do as you said just remove the spring and stop it from popping open.

That is the reason i did this

f24419689daa2e63bd340140f45a38fa.jpg

05f30b01ada095ec4a4817525b26195e.jpg

dcb17887e873d09357528ee540e29fc6.jpg

62919e911e40c433724edd9a1698b297.jpg

Got an St225 oil temp & turbo gauges housing which just fits on top with a little mod. I fiited a scangauge ii in the gauges housing.

e4541cc3714b198ea61302e2539abce0.jpg

Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Although you have to trim gauges housing

9f2772b0e720b811bbcab1b2b4fbe3a3.jpg

de0c83910940ac47db1feb9cfa2e6897.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

This happened to me recently too. After following the various instructions on here I had the compartment out in about 5 minutes. 

Looks like you can buy just the clip itself from the manufacturer Southco. I've not bought one yet as I can't decide whether I want to spend the same value on postage. 

Here's the link: 

http://shop.southco.com/en-gb/e4-10-201-10

I believe from the specs that this is the correct part, and is approximately £8.60 Inc VAT. Postage for myself was about the same again. 

Comes with the two parts of the clip and the insert sticks to the door. In my case I'd have to cut away the remains of the broken latch.

Hope this helps someone else!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club