Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1,2 or 3?

Jonanstee

What's everyone's favourite and why? 

Ive always been a huge fan of the mk2 because of the shape of the vehicle. I think it looks the nicest by far. 

Was as just wondering what everyone else thought

• Like 3

I prefer the size of the Mk1.

The Mk2 has the best looking RS imo.

Can't beat the 1.0 EB for everyday driving in the Mk3 and I do like my MK3.5 ST.

So all of them in different ways.

I think it's got too big though and the spy shots seem to show it getting bigger. I'll be going back to the Fiesta next.

I think when the mk1 came out the design was a breath of fresh.
I've owned a mk1 and currently the mk 2.5 and I much prefer the 2.5, saying that a RS in any shape would look nice on my drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm baised as my current mk2.5 focus is my 1st focus so I'll say the mk2.5

• Like 1

Mk1 is definitely my least favourite and I agree rs mk2 looks the best by far

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jonanstee said:

What's everyone's favourite and why? 

Ive always been a huge fan of the mk2 because of the shape of the vehicle. I think it looks the nicest by far. 

Was as just wondering what everyone else thought

At the time I liked the Mk1 but I didn't  like the Mk2/2.5 and not a fan of the front end or interior bits on the Mk 3.  My favourite is the Mk 3.5.

Between the mk2.5 and mk3.5 for me. The mk3.5 fixed the ugly front end of the mk3. The mk3.5 shades it though. Although good looking generations the rears of the mk2/ mk2.5 never looked right to me. The mk1 looked good when it came out and still does.

I wanted a Mk1 when they came out but my first focus is the mk2.5 so im gonna have go with that. love the shape and drive of the car but I do like the engines in the mk3 mainlynthe Ecoboost. I like the idea of a turbo charged petrol engine for every day use. the mk2.5 is a lovely looking car though. ford do have some of the nicest looking cars on the road today. :smile:

• Like 1

From an engineering and aesthetic point of view I prefer the Mk2 ST - chunky and purposeful without too many flourishes.

(Yes, I prefer the look more than my Mk3 RS)

Has to be the mark 2, although i wouldn't say no to a mark 3 ST!

• Like 1

On 15/02/2017 at 10:59 AM, Dave1981 said:

I'm baised as my current mk2.5 focus is my 1st focus so I'll say the mk2.5

Same here, here's my baby,

IMG_20160910_151124.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, wilto said:

Same here, here's my baby,

IMG_20160910_151124.jpg

I love the 2.5 I want to get one in white but can't find a 2l

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonanstee said:

I love the 2.5 I want to get one in white but can't find a 2l

I looked for a long time to find mine, about 7 months, I eventually found mine in a car sales in Birkenhead, a 4 hour drive from South Wales, when I saw it in the flesh I was having it, what model you looking for ? I'd recommend the Zetec S, I'll keep a look out for you as well.

1 hour ago, wilto said:

I looked for a long time to find mine, about 7 months, I eventually found mine in a car sales in Birkenhead, a 4 hour drive from South Wales, when I saw it in the flesh I was having it, what model you looking for ? I'd recommend the Zetec S, I'll keep a look out for you as well.

Zetec s is what I'm hoping for 2.0l, 5 door and white. They are beautiful 

Mk2 (both the original and the facelift). I like the front end on the Mk3.5 but the rear is so ugly compared to the Mk2. Whereas when I look at the rear of the Mk2 I'm like..
1487327489660.jpg.f73a5634749ebbce76f05a

Also, my ST225 is an absolute machine. Took it to Milton Keynes recently to get a load of stock for work and it was still an absolute beast on the way back. It certainly handled the load better than my area manager's i30 (which is incredibly slow at the best of times).

• Like 2

The mk2/ 2.5 are good cars but certain things annoy me about the them.

Rattling/ noise that comes from the hatch and between the front window and the dash.

Lots of Wind and road noise.  I  suppose the wind deflectors I installed didn't help and I am thinking of taking them off because of this.

Lack of decent sized door bins/ cup holders no door bins in the back.

And how poorly specced out non Titanium models are e.g. windy up rear windows, and in mine no rear dome light in a Zetec. 

16 hours ago, James said:

Lack of decent sized door bins

They seem to be a thing of the past. They're just as useless on the Mk3/3.5. I don't think they're any better on other makes either.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, James said:

The mk2/ 2.5 are good cars but certain things annoy me about the them.

Rattling/ noise that comes from the hatch and between the front window and the dash.

Lots of Wind and road noise.  I  suppose the wind deflectors I installed didn't help and I am thinking of taking them off because of this.

Lack of decent sized door bins/ cup holders no door bins in the back.

And how poorly specced out non Titanium models are e.g. windy up rear windows, and in mine no rear dome light in a Zetec. 

I hardly have any wind noise on mine, might be your deflectors as you said?

Regarding road noise - it's not perfect, but slap on some quiet 67/68dB tyres (e.g. Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance), and it makes a huge difference. Unbelievably my car actually has less road noise than my father's 15 plate top-spec Astra.

No rattles from the front, but tailgate cover (the one that goes up at the same time you open the tailgate, made of fabric & plastic) creaks a bit from time to time when driving. Probably the same as you described.

Agree with wind up windows and no rear dome light. Boot light is also next to useless. 

Front passenger seat plastic trim has fallen off, apparently a common design flaw.

Pollen filter is a complete pain in the ***** to get to. So is the fusebox.

Rear drum brakes are unacceptable in this day and age.

Apart from those, it's a perfect car IMO :laugh:

• Like 1

I get a lot of wind and road noise on ours, much more than our old Mk1.5 or new Mk3. It may be partly down to less sound insulation but anyway it's impossible to listen to the radio or hold a conversation. Tyres may play a part too but the wind noise is the most intrusive.

16 hours ago, Incontro said:

I hardly have any wind noise on mine, might be your deflectors as you said?

Regarding road noise - it's not perfect, but slap on some quiet 67/68dB tyres (e.g. Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance), and it makes a huge difference. Unbelievably my car actually has less road noise than my father's 15 plate top-spec Astra.

No rattles from the front, but tailgate cover (the one that goes up at the same time you open the tailgate, made of fabric & plastic) creaks a bit from time to time when driving. Probably the same as you described.

Agree with wind up windows and no rear dome light. Boot light is also next to useless. 

Front passenger seat plastic trim has fallen off, apparently a common design flaw.

Pollen filter is a complete pain in the ***** to get to. So is the fusebox.

Rear drum brakes are unacceptable in this day and age.

Apart from those, it's a perfect car IMO :laugh:

Yeah I'm going to take of the wind deflectors and see if it makes a difference.  The front and drivers side deflectors are going to take a bit of effort to take them off.  I tried briefly to take them off but to no avail (without breaking them).  I hope to retrofit a rear dome light.  Have most of the parts but up to now I have been to chicken to cut the headliner.  You're right about the boot light.  

For me it has to be the Mk 3.5.  I had never really noticed Foci (indeed Ford cars) until they brought out the 3.5 ... to my (admittedly rather elderly) eyes it's a good-looking car with character and I had to try one ... loved the way it drove ... so I had to have one!

Since buying the car two years ago (30,000 + miles on the clock) I have loved every moment ... only car I have owned (previously had Austins, Rovers, Citroens, BMW's and at least half a dozen Audis) which has me constantly wanting to find an excuse to drive it!

However, now I look with more interest at older Foci, I have to say the Mk 2.5 is a looker.  Never tried one though. 

2 hours ago, Linds said:

For me it has to be the Mk 3.5.  I had never really noticed Foci (indeed Ford cars) until they brought out the 3.5 ... to my (admittedly rather elderly) eyes it's a good-looking car with character and I had to try one ... loved the way it drove ... so I had to have one!

Since buying the car two years ago (30,000 + miles on the clock) I have loved every moment ... only car I have owned (previously had Austins, Rovers, Citroens, BMW's and at least half a dozen Audis) which has me constantly wanting to find an excuse to drive it!

However, now I look with more interest at older Foci, I have to say the Mk 2.5 is a looker.  Never tried one though. 

Indeed it is a looker :smile: Driving dynamics are also excellent, the steering feedback is great, and so is a joy to drive on bendy roads. It's not as refined and "grown up" like a Mk3.5, but more "raw".

• Like 1

I love my mk2.5 zetec s especially when you add a few personal mods to the car

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_0624.JPG

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club