Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil and oil filter change on 63 plate 1.5L

Beth G

I am looking to do an oil and oil filter change on my 63 plate 1.5L Ford Fiesta. Does anyone have a picture or diagram of where the drain plug and filter is on this engine? I did it to my 2000 fiesta no problem but the engine was much easier to see on that.

diesel I assume. based on my fiesta diesel, filter is on the front of the engine (Between engine block and radiator)at the gearbox end. it sticks up at about 45 degree angle . It is not a metal can type. You unscrew the black plastic cap and pull out the paper element.   when you put new element in, there is a protrusion at the bottom of the filter that must locate in a hole in the bottom of oil filter housing , this can be fiddly as the wall of the housing stops you being able to see if you got it in correctly.

If I remember correctly the sump plug is the middle of the sump and the bolt goes vertical up into it. Well, I say in the middle, I think it was towards fan belt end (but it is not one of those on the edge of the sump like some are).

On my older 2007 fiesta 1.6tdci I ended up stripping the sump thread after about 10 oil changes. It was steel bolt into steel sump but I think the length of the thread in the sump is not great. I suppose I was overtightening it when trying to be sure it would not leak around the copper washer. Judging by the supply of replacement sump pans on eBay I think others people may be doing that also. I do not know for a fact the 1.5tdci is exactly the same

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club